Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LT Prospects

Blog Entries

Re: LT Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Absolutely not...I thought that was a bad trade by Atlanta when they did it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah, and I think if Sam Baker was more physically gifted in size, like maybe 2 or 3 inches taller, and had 35 inch arms, I'm pretty sure he'd be an all pro tackle because of how well he uses his feet. He's kind of an over achiever for someone of his statue, but its still not enough to be any better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah, and I think if Sam Baker was more physically gifted in size, like maybe 2 or 3 inches taller, and had 35 inch arms, I'm pretty sure he'd be an all pro tackle because of how well he uses his feet. He's kind of an over achiever for someone of his statue, but its still not enough to be any better than average.
    I agree...I was just pointing Baker out because some here wanted us to look into signing him in ufa.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: LT Prospects

Mid-round OT project candidates:

Fragel - Bend needs improvement
    Nixon - Needs to become more consistent
    Quessenberry - Lack of recovery from counter-moves concerns me
    Mills - Road paver but heavy-footed in pass pro

Fragel looks pretty good. He has Joe Thomas arms, but he locks on to guys pretty well. Very nimble for 6'8. I'm more comfortable with him than Nixon, who was my previous choice as our project-OT.

Still need to watch Bakhtiari and Brennan Williams. Will watch Mills again.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver