Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LT Prospects

LT Prospects

The two guys I've been looking at are Brennan Williams, UNC (6'6, 318, 34 inch arms) and David Quessenberry, SJSU (6'5 302, 34 3/8 inch arms).

Probably in the range to grab with our 4th round comp picks.

Thoughts?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: LT Prospects

Quessenberry, Faulk, and Marquadt all intrigue me as 4th Rd or lower developmental LT's, but i cant pound the table on any of them.

If we can get Mckinnie re-signed im thinking maybe we wait a year on LT. If Mckinnie were to go down then i think Oher would be the guy they placed at LT before a rookie anyway. Also it would allow us to fortify some other areas and then in the next drive we could go after a LT with less pressing needs. Not saying this should absolutely be the way to go but im looking at how many guys i think without a shadow of doubt could play LT and it's pretty scarce.

Mckinnie is becoming necessary. If they can get him for cheap (I think this is becoming more likely becuase outside of Miami he's not getting any interest) then I think it's a must. The guy to put behind him IMO is Faulk. I think he has the most upside out of later round picks, however he could go late 3rd early 4th, whereas Quessenberry and Marquardt could range from 4th-5th.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Braden Brown, OT/G, BYU would be a solid late round 5th thru 7th target...

Blog Entries

Quessenberry is interesting.

Brennan Williams reminds me a lot of Jah Reid. Not sure he's a LT in the NFL.

I think Chris Faulk and Luke Marquardt are better options later in the draft.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If anyone's interested here's a long, detailed write up on Menelik Watson. It's not a talent evaluation, just sort of his history up to this point. I found it interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nf...015845154.html

NFL Draft Insider‏@NFLDraftInsider52m
    #Syracuse OT Justin Pugh told me that so far he has had 1-on-1 workouts with the #Ravens #Titans #Patriots #Jaguars & #Eagles
    OG or OT?
    With how good his feet are, I'd say OT, but man, those tiny arms....

Or maybe we're evaluating to see where others may take him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    OG or OT?
    T-Rex

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    T-Rex
    31 1/2!? Ta hell with that
    - Ray Lewis

OG or OT?

Well, as I mentioned in the 7 round mock post I put up earlier today, I would NOT be surprised if the Ravens drafted a guy they feel can play guard or tackle. There's been a good bit of smoke going around that the Ravens (particularly Juan Castillo) may see Kelechi Osemele as the LT of the future, and if Oher remains at RT (probably his best fit) the hole on the OL is going to be at LG, not LT.

I certainly don't know if I love the idea... but I went back and re-watched some tape of KO, and I do think he has LT potential in the right system. I think his foot quickness is juuuust good enough... maybe... and he certainly has the length and strength with his 36" arms. It's going to be Oher-esque watching him struggle to defend the corner against the fastest edge rushers, but I think there's a decent chance he could do it.

For that reason, I mocked the Ravens to draft Alvin Bailey in the 4th to compete for the LG job. Justin Pugh would also be a good candidate there. It's going to be key that if they do move Osemele outside, they stay strong at LG and do everything they can not to lose the strong interior wall we had in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Well, as I mentioned in the 7 round mock post I put up earlier today, I would NOT be surprised if the Ravens drafted a guy they feel can play guard or tackle. There's been a good bit of smoke going around that the Ravens (particularly Juan Castillo) may see Kelechi Osemele as the LT of the future, and if Oher remains at RT (probably his best fit) the hole on the OL is going to be at LG, not LT.

I certainly don't know if I love the idea... but I went back and re-watched some tape of KO, and I do think he has LT potential in the right system. I think his foot quickness is juuuust good enough... maybe... and he certainly has the length and strength with his 36" arms. It's going to be Oher-esque watching him struggle to defend the corner against the fastest edge rushers, but I think there's a decent chance he could do it.

For that reason, I mocked the Ravens to draft Alvin Bailey in the 4th to compete for the LG job. Justin Pugh would also be a good candidate there. It's going to be key that if they do move Osemele outside, they stay strong at LG and do everything they can not to lose the strong interior wall we had in the playoffs.
    This is why I like Barrett Jones. He can play anywhere (maybe not LT), but he gives so many combinations. If we cannot draft a capable LT then I want Jones in the 2nd and I would give something up to move up for him
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

OG or OT?

Prob guard thinking KO or Oher competing at LT.

Pugh would be good depth regardless.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.