Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

1. Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons.

2. Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6.

3. Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner).

4. Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana).

5. First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason.

6. Most consecutive playoff games with three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers).

I just don't understand it! I'm not saying they should start molding his bust just yet, but the hate is unbelievable!
    Last edited by PGCountyRaven85; 03-21-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

Just about every stat you named was done recently. That's what everyone harps on. There this perception that Flacco is inconsistent. I do believe there's some truth to that. In my mind though I expect to Joe to be more consistent and take his game to the next level. He's elite and just flat out wins so no argument from me. If he passes for 4,000 yards and throws 30+ TDs, gets us back in the playoffs I think we'll see more folks jump on the bandwagon.

Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

W's in the NFL don't have style points.

Joe collects W's.

Because many of these people believe everything they heard from all the pundits who slammed Flacco. I still don't get all the hate from those people for what Joe had accomplished up to this point last year. Evans wrecked it for us and before that (Pitt,Indy,Pitt) was an obvious lack of deep threats like we have now. You would think these so called analysts would have seen that but nooooo. The things I hear and see online like " jump ball Joe, or "he got lucky" or " he had a good defense just drive me crazy! I try to remind myself that these people won't like him no matter what, and will pull any excuse out of their ass they can. But the Romo and Sanchez comparisons really make my blood boil! It would be nice to see some more consistent play from him this year although with Caldwell back I'm not worried.
    Last edited by Stone; 03-21-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Because there are games where Joe just looks like he's sleepwalking. He's been up and down and it's been a few primetime games when he was down so people automatically judge by that sample size. A little like Eli if you ask me.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Actually the reason they bash him is that they are haters. Haters know the best way to get under the skin of a team you hates fan base is to rag on their QB. Currently Aaron Rodgers holds the immunity idol.

Why do you think we rag on Big Ben so much.....well besides the fact he is a douche
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

It's funny when Tebow was all the rage, it was all "Tebow just wins" regardless if he threw for 40 yards. Flacco sets NFL records for most wins and it's "The defense, Ray Rice, Boldin, etc bailed Flacco out".

Blog Entries

Flacco's inconsistencies were largely in part due to Cam Cameron. I'm not sure why so many people can't see that.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Still Wacco for Flacco, screw the haters. Ravens fans know the real story because we do not need to read what the talking heads say. Screw stats and pro bowl appearances, highly over rated compared to the most wins stat(which means you go to post season). Flacco has achieved more in his first 5 years then most of the great NFL QBs did. After these next 6 six years, Flacco will be the QB that other new QBs will aspire to be. He has quietly done things and continues to get better. One more SB and all hell will break out with the talking heads.

Because most of the people bitching are casual fans who are ignorant of the details.
    Last edited by esmd; 03-22-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Flacco's inconsistencies were largely in part due to Cam Cameron. I'm not sure why so many people can't see that.
    It's hard to see when their head is up their arse....so they just spew back out what they hear on the idiot box.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Because there are people who watch football and people who analyze football.

As for the television analysts, many of them are probably steered in a particular direction due to production meetings.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore