Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie talking to Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Go look up anyone who charted the o-line and you'll see that McKinnie wasn't even that good. KO playing next to him made the big difference. He was still the best option at the time but there is no way he's worth paying up to get. Every team in the league has analyzed the way the Ravens line played in the playoff and no one else is calling him. That means they don't think that McKinnie was anything special either. McKinnie can sign at the Ravens price or deal with his creditors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    I don't think Mckinnie was that good at all the year before when he had full slate of games. I may be wrong but I think he rated very poorly. Don't get me wrong, I want him back on the cheap, but he has not been a world beater every time on the field by any means.
    Hes not a good run blocker so yes some are going to grade him poorly but giving all the credit to KO and none to mckinnie is just foolish. People forget how much our line improved last year from oher being moved to right. The only thing you need to judge is he better than oher or any other option. That should be abundantly clear at this point. Im not calling to pay him anything, but being on the market still lowers his price. He was calledin for the bears and they went younger wih bushrod. Older players last longer on the market so its not a matter of nobody wanting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I was one of those people who were calling for McKinnie to play last year. My only question for those posters who do not want to see McKinnie re-signed is, who are the Ravens going to be able to get to play LT that is better than McKinnie? They should re-sign McKinnie, and then draft a player like Manelik Watson or Terron Armstead to develop behind him.
    Thats exactly what im calling for. Hes a perfect stop gap if we get him for our price. I feel like people look for reasons to not like him as a player because they dont like him as a person and therefore dont see that hes still a very good player for what we need. Somebody that keeps flacco standing.
    -JAB

I don't care about what he could be. I care about what he is. He's an above average pass protector and an average to below average run blocker. And that's if his head is on straight and he's giving you full effort (which he wasn't last offseason but was in the playoffs). My concern is if you sign him, does he space out again between now and camp and pull some shenanigans? He's proven that you cannot depend on him. You want to bring him back? Okay, if there are no better options, and you can get him on the cheap, do it. But you better have some fallback plan (better yet, he should be the fallback plan to someone else), because he's proven that you cannot trust him. 4 decent games don't erase the stunt he pulled last offseason. It's a risky bet, that's all I'm saying.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

McKinnie in New Orleans is going to be a disaster.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

For the right price you have to bring him back if for no other reason than what other options are out there? Long is out but he was a pipedream anyway. Same thing with Vollmer. Winston looks like he's going to Miami (and didn't he already stiff us last year anyway?) And I doubt Oz is going to want to give up anything to get Albert.

No real solutions in house either unless you want to put Oher back at LT or give Osmele a look there. I would happily and easily take BMac over either of those sceanrios. So give him a cap friendly incentive laden deal and cross your fingers that he'll stay as focused as he was the later half of last season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Hes not a good run blocker so yes some are going to grade him poorly but giving all the credit to KO and none to mckinnie is just foolish. People forget how much our line improved last year from oher being moved to right. The only thing you need to judge is he better than oher or any other option. That should be abundantly clear at this point. Im not calling to pay him anything, but being on the market still lowers his price. He was calledin for the bears and they went younger wih bushrod. Older players last longer on the market so its not a matter of nobody wanting him.

Thats exactly what im calling for. Hes a perfect stop gap if we get him for our price. I feel like people look for reasons to not like him as a player because they dont like him as a person and therefore dont see that hes still a very good player for what we need. Somebody that keeps flacco standing.
    Is McKinnie worth more than he was last season? I don't think so. I see Ozzie offering him something similar to what they paid him in 2012.

Blog Entries

Is McKinnie worth more than he was last season? I don't think so. I see Ozzie offering him something similar to what they paid him in 2012.
    I agree, and I don't think we can expect McKinnie to play 16 games plus playoffs (which I expect) at a high level. Keep in mind our usual doubts about his conditioning, and considering he will be 34 in September... Bc

Blog Entries

What are you saying is last years salary? The 2 he made or the 4 he would have if he started 70%? Id say either are pretty safe. We sign him to another incentive laden contract, we have no reason not to because he either is cheap insurance or plays good enough to earn it. I see no problem signing him for what he is. A very good stop gap and likely our best option left. I could not care less about his "drive" or if his heads on straight. I dont have to oike the way he goes about it or who he is but i do want a guy that gives us the best chance to win, and even playing just by natural gifts rather than dedication he does that.
    -JAB