Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie talking to Harbaugh

Attachment 1580

I like McKinnie. But for the love of all that's holy and good, will you please stay focused on keeping in some semblance of shape over the off season and report to whatever team you are playing for on time?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think its funny last year we debated what the best OL on the team was, the mckinnie supporters were basically proved right in the playoffs and now well still argue if mckinnie is worth it. I dont give a shit that hes not maximizing his talent and totally focused on football. Hes played at a good level everytime hes touched the field and is probably the best pass blocker on the team. No brainer to bring him back since hes still available. You can blame him for not "practicing good enough" but harbs needs to put the 5 best out there and he didnt do that until injury forced him. Still a mistake on harbs part to make practice more important than games.
    Go look up anyone who charted the o-line and you'll see that McKinnie wasn't even that good. KO playing next to him made the big difference. He was still the best option at the time but there is no way he's worth paying up to get. Every team in the league has analyzed the way the Ravens line played in the playoff and no one else is calling him. That means they don't think that McKinnie was anything special either. McKinnie can sign at the Ravens price or deal with his creditors.

I think its funny last year we debated what the best OL on the team was, the mckinnie supporters were basically proved right in the playoffs and now well still argue if mckinnie is worth it. I dont give a shit that hes not maximizing his talent and totally focused on football. Hes played at a good level everytime hes touched the field and is probably the best pass blocker on the team. No brainer to bring him back since hes still available. You can blame him for not "practicing good enough" but harbs needs to put the 5 best out there and he didnt do that until injury forced him. Still a mistake on harbs part to make practice more important than games.
    I don't think Mckinnie was that good at all the year before when he had full slate of games. I may be wrong but I think he rated very poorly. Don't get me wrong, I want him back on the cheap, but he has not been a world beater every time on the field by any means.

Blog Entries

Allegedly the Saints are interested also since they lost Bushrod.

Take a look at this info from Brian Baldinger re: Castillo on Osemele

“I think Juan is the single-best developer of talent on the offensive line in the entire league,” Baldinger said. “If Juan tells me he thinks that Kelechi Osemele can play left tackle, I want to see it. I want to see what he looks like if he lines up there.”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Any player that can be called the most frustrating player ever seen on tape, by Greg Cosell, is a player who wasted talent.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Allegedly the Saints are interested also since they lost Bushrod.

Take a look at this info from Brian Baldinger re: Castillo on Osemele
    The Saints at it again, raiding our offensive line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Any player that can be called the most frustrating player ever seen on tape, by Greg Cosell, is a player who wasted talent.
    Folks on this board need to stop obsessing over McKinnie's "wasted talent" & start considering whether he ought to be re-signed for the performance he can be expected to deliver based on his historical (lack of) work ethic & (lack of) passion for the game.

It's easy to shake your head at how great a player he might have been. It's even satisfying in a nasty, jealous sort of way that fits right in with the love-hate relationship between many serious fans & the players & teams they live vicariously through. But y'all need to accept that it was his talent to waste & his decision to waste it, not yours, & deal with what is. I'm quite sure Oz is doing that. (I'm less sure that Harbs is, or is even capable of it; I sure hope so.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    How are they raiding our offensive line? These guys are free agents. If the Ravens wanted them they had an exclusive window to do it in and chose not to. The days when a team owned a player are long gone. They have rights and are free to sign elsewhere. Grubbs wasn't a Raven when he signed with the Saints and neither is McKinnie.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How are they raiding our offensive line? These guys are free agents. If the Ravens wanted them they had an exclusive window to do it in and chose not to. The days when a team owned a player are long gone. They have rights and are free to sign elsewhere. Grubbs wasn't a Raven when he signed with the Saints and neither is McKinnie.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Raiding is a strong word. Besides Grubb who else have they taken? Couldn't have been anyone under contract that's for sure.

To me, it's simple:
    Is Oher better than McKinnie at L?. I think most of us agree -- NO. And IF we move Oher to LT, we probably have to do some dangerous OL shuffling.
    Can we draft a starting-ready LT? Almost certainly not.
    Can we sign a FA LT better than McK? That is for Ozzie to figure out, but I am not optimistic.
    With the RIGHT contract, I say sign McK.

Blog Entries

I was one of those people who were calling for McKinnie to play last year. My only question for those posters who do not want to see McKinnie re-signed is, who are the Ravens going to be able to get to play LT that is better than McKinnie? They should re-sign McKinnie, and then draft a player like Manelik Watson or Terron Armstead to develop behind him.