Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie talking to Harbaugh

One of the more encouraging O-line developments I've seen so far.

I wasn't a big fan of Harbs doghouse when Antwan Barnes was in it. From the outside looking in it looked like coach was cutting his nose off to spite his face... I'm a believer that the Ravens have one of the brightest minds in the business patrolling the sidelines. He's smart enough to make adjustments in his methods.

I'm a believer if any player should call Harbs doghouse home it was McKinnie- Last March or there about he recieved a 500K bonus with the agreement that he report in shape and I'm sure on time. McKinnie not only waffled (no pun intended) on that agreement but also didn't feel it important enough to inform the staff of why he was late nor the circumstances behind it. Eventually his Chiropractor called... I mean you can't make this up...

The end result was Harbs methodology worked, he has the ring to prove it. McKinnie was not a victim.

If they are willing to sign him it needs to be an incentive laden deal, he's proven over his career to be a guy that cannot be counted on to self motivate. McKinnie is quality but I'm a believer he could have been so much better with dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    If they are willing to sign him it needs to be an incentive laden deal, he's proven over his career to be a guy that cannot be counted on to self motivate. McKinnie is quality but I'm a believer he could have been so much better with dedication.
    :word

Blog Entries

The bottom line is they have no LT right now and are IMO unlikely to secure a "day one starter" there in the draft unless they trade picks to move up, which is a bad idea since they need to use those picks to fill the holes that have opened this offseason. McKinnie, despite what some may think, is a perfectly adequate option at LT while they groom a guy behind him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of Harbs doghouse when Antwan Barnes was in it. From the outside looking in it looked like coach was cutting his nose off to spite his face... I'm a believer that the Ravens have one of the brightest minds in the business patrolling the sidelines. He's smart enough to make adjustments in his methods.

I'm a believer if any player should call Harbs doghouse home it was McKinnie- Last March or there about he recieved a 500K bonus with the agreement that he report in shape and I'm sure on time. McKinnie not only waffled (no pun intended) on that agreement but also didn't feel it important enough to inform the staff of why he was late nor the circumstances behind it. Eventually his Chiropractor called... I mean you can't make this up...

The end result was Harbs methodology worked, he has the ring to prove it. McKinnie was not a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    :word
    Double Word. He can play, I just worry about what's between his ears.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Double Word. He can play, I just worry about what's between his ears.
    That's why I think an incentive-laden contract is key. He needs the motivation.

Blog Entries

BMc : "I'm worth double last year's salary."
    Harbs : "Are you kidding? I've let go of a half dozen guys better than you, you fat, lazy slob."
    BMc :" Does that mean I can't come back at Left Tackle for the Ravens."
    Harbs : "I'd rather lose with Oher at Left Tackle than suffer looking at your fat ass chowing
    down in the locker room."
    BMc : "So I guess I'd better pack my bags and look for a better offer elsewhere."
    Harbs : "Don't bother. I'll pack your bags myself and provide a one-way ticket out of Baltimore."
    ... Bc

It's amazing that even with putting in the minimum amount (and sometimes less) of effort Bryant McKinnie has turned in a 10-year career as an above-average LT. You've gotta think he'd be a HOF'er if he had any sort of drive or motivation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah, lets not forget that he played every snap in 2011, and if it wasn't for Harbaugh, apart from maybe the first few games of the year because of a reported injury, he'd probably had played every snap in 2012 too.
    I think he didn't start most of the year because of McKinnie.

The man who kept McKinnie from playing was McKinnie, not Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I think he didn't start most of the year because of McKinnie.

The man who kept McKinnie from playing was McKinnie, not Harbaugh.
    The truth is...we'll probably never really know.

Blog Entries

Nothing wrong with McKinnie on the cheap. The only other team that was supposedly interested was the Bears and they lost interest once they spoke with him. He can make all these comments about getting paid but everyone knows that McKinnie has tons of debt and not too many options.

Blog Entries

I think its funny last year we debated what the best OL on the team was, the mckinnie supporters were basically proved right in the playoffs and now well still argue if mckinnie is worth it. I dont give a shit that hes not maximizing his talent and totally focused on football. Hes played at a good level everytime hes touched the field and is probably the best pass blocker on the team. No brainer to bring him back since hes still available. You can blame him for not "practicing good enough" but harbs needs to put the 5 best out there and he didnt do that until injury forced him. Still a mistake on harbs part to make practice more important than games.
    -JAB