Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bryant McKinnie talking to Harbaugh

Just got off the phone with Coach Harbs
    Bryant McKinnie

SIGN WITH US
    Torrey Smith

lol we'll see
    McKinnie

From their twitters. I feel like a huge tool typing that out. But what are your thoughts on bringing him back?

Re: Bryant McKinnie talking to Harbaugh

It would have to be the right deal, but sure, the dude can play. When he wants to.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

That's a good sign I hope.

Harbaugh called to ask if his neck size changed for the dog collar. Seriously though, no Oher at LT.

We need someone to play the LT spot (other than Michael Oher) in the short term while we try to groom someone from the draft.

We are extremely unlikely to get a chance to draft any of the top three guys (Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson), so we're going to have to find a diamond in the rough (Menelik Watson, Justin Pugh, Terron Armstead, Luke Marquardt, etc) later in the draft that we can bring in and have them learn behind someone else for a year (or two).

McKinnie is the perfect player to get that done. On a one or two year deal, with incentives built in, and workout bonuses, etc...he can play the position, but we don't want to tie our cart to him long-term.

Blog Entries

I seen a picture of McKinnie the other day on twitter, he looked more slim than I ever seen him lol, we need the insurance.

Blog Entries

people always give Big-Mac crap, but all I ever see is a guy who keeps people away from Flacco on a consistent basis, maybe the most underappreciated Raven of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    people always give Big-Mac crap, but all I ever see is a guy who keeps people away from Flacco on a consistent basis, maybe the most underappreciated Raven of all time.

This is rich.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Crabcake View Post
    Bryant McKinnie

Torrey Smith

McKinnie

From their twitters. I feel like a huge tool typing that out. But what are your thoughts on bringing him back?
    For some reason this exchange made me LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If we bring back McKinnie and draft an LT to develop, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Just as long as Oher playing LT is not in that equation at all.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

One of the more encouraging O-line developments I've seen so far.

I wasn't a big fan of Harbs doghouse when Antwan Barnes was in it. From the outside looking in it looked like coach was cutting his nose off to spite his face... I'm a believer that the Ravens have one of the brightest minds in the business patrolling the sidelines. He's smart enough to make adjustments in his methods.

I'm a believer if any player should call Harbs doghouse home it was McKinnie- Last March or there about he recieved a 500K bonus with the agreement that he report in shape and I'm sure on time. McKinnie not only waffled (no pun intended) on that agreement but also didn't feel it important enough to inform the staff of why he was late nor the circumstances behind it. Eventually his Chiropractor called... I mean you can't make this up...

The end result was Harbs methodology worked, he has the ring to prove it. McKinnie was not a victim.

If they are willing to sign him it needs to be an incentive laden deal, he's proven over his career to be a guy that cannot be counted on to self motivate. McKinnie is quality but I'm a believer he could have been so much better with dedication.