Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Why do people hate Joe? What is there to dislike about him lol? He's just like your every day guy drinking at the local bar, but happens to be one of the best QBs in the NFL, yet America seem to not want to embrace him at all. While a suspect rapist and a guy who isn't a very nice guy at all off the field gets so much love through the media etc and he's just the same guy as Joe statistically pretty much.
    People hate the Ravens until one of the players leaves then they love the player

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Re: Aaron Rodgers: How much will he get?

The thing is, if they pay him (Rodgers) that much, the defense, which is already bad, will suffer even more because they won't be able to afford to upgrade it much if any. There are a lot of talented teams in the NFC and there won't be any walkovers in their division anymore.

Blog Entries

Re: Aaron Rodgers: How much will he get?

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    The thing is, if they pay him (Rodgers) that much, the defense, which is already bad, will suffer even more because they won't be able to afford to upgrade it much if any. There are a lot of talented teams in the NFC and there won't be any walkovers in their division anymore.
    They would need to draft really well on defense which is a pretty hard task, although GB are one of the best organizations in the league, so you have to think they'll be able to remain competitive as they are now.

Re: AAron Rodgers: How much will get?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Eh, only amateurs would spend a top 5 pick on Rodgers. There's always one in a draft room though. Waste such an important pick on a position that will have an abundance many rounds later. I use all of my first few round picks on RBs and WRs. Those go fast, and each team has to field a couple. The last thing that you want to do is to have to start a back-up RB or a #3 WR.
    I disagree, if we're not talking about PPR leagues Spending a top 5 pick on 40 TDs and 5,000 yards is a pretty good investment considering the league leaders in rushing TDs are always in the low 20s. You say there are QBs in later rounds, and that's true, but there are RBs in later rounds as well. Gore, Foster, Rice, and Peterson are the only true bell-cow backs in the NFL, and Rice lost almost 600 yards to Pierce last year. Compare their fantasy scores to someone like Rodgers and the decision to draft Rogers early starts to make sense.

Every team has two receivers so there's no guarantee that whichever one you pick will be the go-to guy that week. Calvin Johnson set the NFL record for receiving yards in a season last year, and only caught five TDs. That's only 230 points from a first round pick. Not a good investment.

Again, this isn't for PPR (points per reception) leagues. In those, yes, it does make sense to grab a running-back like Rice early instead of a stud QB.

So Houston won't fuss, Rodgers is worth a little more than Flacco, based on their body of work. He has won the league MVP and consistently puts up 40 TDs with no running game.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Well, remember that Tom Brady and Eli Manning weren't necessarly fantasy studs early in their career. They did enough to Super Bowl(s) and were called game managers. Then when some of the talent went away, they stepped up and became Fantasy mainstays. I suspect this will happen with Flacco as well.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say Eli is a fantasy mainstay at all. He is still wildly inconsistent, and while I consider him to currently be a top 5 QB, he isn't the type of QB you'd rely on for a season to put up elite numbers. He's a winner, and is very very clutch, but honestly, I wouldn't put him much higher than Flacco even at this point if at all. Currently I have Eli at 5, and Flacco at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    And when Aaron Rodgers gets more than Joe they will give nothing but love to Rodgers
    This is exactly what I've been saying to people. If you want to hate on Joe for "handicapping" his team (which is factually wrong), make sure you throw that same hate to Rodgers (and Ryan, Stafford, Romo, etc.) when their time comes too. Flacco's days as the highest paid player in NFL history are extremely numbered.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Honestly, if you put Flacco and Rodgers side by side in terms of talent and ability I don't think that you could tell apart very well. I think that Rodgers has benefitted from a great offensive system, weapons, sitting behind Favre, and great offensive coachings. Rodgers gets more scrambling yards because he chooses to scramble, but Flacco is still pretty quick, Flacco probably has a better deep ball, and Rodgers might be a bit more accurate in the short game, but I don't see many differences besides those.