Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: AAron Rodgers: How much will get?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's amazing when you read the comments from any article about QB salaries that there is so much hate for Joe Flacco. It's just non-stop.
    And when Aaron Rodgers gets more than Joe they will give nothing but love to Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    $23-25M/yr sounds like a reasonable expectation of what he'll get, but he's probably worth closer to $30M/yr. Quarterbacks are underpaid relative to their actual value under the cap. That's why teams w/ top franchise QBs make the playoffs just about every season.

Their value exceeds the portion of cap room that they account for. Therefore they offer their teams a competitive advantage.
    $30M a year?? No Way

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    And when Aaron Rodgers gets more than Joe they will give nothing but love to Rodgers
    You can take that to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    joe is better than romo and ryan. don't understand how people see them as better.
    Look at their stats and don't watch any of them play and you will see why.

back to the OP, depends what the order is. Ryan will sign for more then Flacco, and if he signs beore Rodgers then Rodgers deal will be greater then it would be if he signs next.

I thik Romo signs for less then Flacco. It would be hard for his agent to make the case he deserves more, being older and having less playoff victories in his career then Flacco had in 2013.

sort of like how everyone kneels in front of Brady for his "hometown discout" and ates Flacco for taking too much money and forcing his team to get rid of all it's other stars...

Despite the fact that Brady's cap number is DOUBLE Flacco's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    It was the Defense, it was Boldin. Nothing Flacco did contributed to the Superbowl victory. They were all wrong about Joe and none of them can admit it, but yet they will continue to call Ozzie one of the greatest GMs and talent evaluators EXCEPT when it comes to Joe. It absolutely amazes me. God help some of these clowns if the Ravens are once again in the hunt for the Lombardi again next season.

Oh Aaron is a true friggin stud and yes he does deserve to be the highest paid QB. If Romo gets anything close to Flacco it will be a travesty of economics!
    Yet, if there were a team that would pay Romo significantly more than Flacco was given, it would be the Dallas Cowboys.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think the hate for Joe from people outside Baltimore is very understandable.

For one thing, for most people the default position for a player that does not play on your team is slightly negative right off the bat.

Secondly, Flacco, up until the end of last year, was putting up middling stats, which is how most people who don't/can't watch every single NFL game/team every week will judge a player's abilities.

Thirdly, and most importantly, imo, Joe has had some exchanges with and responses to the media that have made him look less than humble.

All three combined lead a lot of non-Ravens-fans to disparage him and root against him.

$30M a year?? No Way
    I said "close to $30M/yr" and that isn't a prediction of what he'll get. It's an observation that teams with top QBs have a competitive advantage, so from a value vs. cap space perspective, top QBs are underpaid.

- The market is likely to bear $23-25M/yr
    - The market generally underpays top QBs

Therefore it's no stretch to say that Rodgers actual worth is close to $30M/year.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    sort of like how everyone kneels in front of Brady for his "hometown discout" and ates Flacco for taking too much money and forcing his team to get rid of all it's other stars...

Despite the fact that Brady's cap number is DOUBLE Flacco's.
    Anyone (not saying you, JB79) that actually believes that simply does not understand the reality of the situation and does not deserve to have his/her opinion acknowledged.

Blog Entries

I may be in the minority here but I am ok with what is going on, I won't pass judgement til OTA's and training camp, this FO has a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I think the hate for Joe from people outside Baltimore is very understandable.

For one thing, for most people the default position for a player that does not play on your team is slightly negative right off the bat.

Secondly, Flacco, up until the end of last year, was putting up middling stats, which is how most people who don't/can't watch every single NFL game/team every week will judge a player's abilities.

Thirdly, and most importantly, imo, Joe has had some exchanges with and responses to the media that have made him look less than humble.

All three combined lead a lot of non-Ravens-fans to disparage him and root against him.
    I agree. I just would add that Fantasy football adds to it, which goes in hand with the stats. Non-Ravens fans see Flacco is not one of the top QBs to draft/start each week because his stats are inconsistent during regular season. Ravens also have a history of dominating defense that carries the team. So the perception is he is not top tier and just average QB. They also don't pay attention to how Flacco's game steps up in playoffs because they don't look at the stats during NFL playoffs anymore because fantasy football season is over.

Lets be fair to iggy and debate the thread topic please.

Feel free to bump any of the dozens of Flacco debate threads if you wish to ponder the reasons for his hate.