Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: This is the Lowest Point for the Ravens (Please read before calling me Chicken Little)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Cowboys have only won 2 playoff games since the Ravens have been in the league.
    Yes, my point exactly. They haven't even sniffed a NFC championship game in 17 years. In both instances of them winning a playoff game in the wild card round, they were blown out in the NFC semifinals.

Blog Entries
    I love the doubt about the ravens. Keep sleeping on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: This is the Lowest Point for the Ravens (Please read before calling me Chicken Little)

In many ways, it's better that Ray Lewis and Ed Reed left the same year. It's preferable to get out all the pain and angst in one fell swoop than to have it dribble out over a few years. That period of Ravens' history was great, it's sad to see it end, but the future is bright and the next chapter to be written will be a damn good one, too. What this team looks like now is not how it will look on September 5th (when that home opener should be played).

It's hard sometimes, but I just have to believe that Ozzy knows more about football and evaluating players than I do.

"No, no. We're done. Our D will collapse and Flacco will be ordinary. we will be lucky to be a .500 team next year."
    Let's all keep saying that and act surprised at being 11-5 division winners next January. 'Once again the team no one wants to face...'

I wish the departed well. They did a great job for us. but consider;
    Reed and Boldin are 30+ in speed positions (and Ed has been banged up)
    Ellerbe goes from #3 ILB (behind Ray and JamMac) to The Man. is he up to it? Bart Scott did well for a couple years but other Ravens LBs have not. and he's been banged up a bit. (BTW, he was an UDFA, not a draftee)
    Kruger had one good season. He might be the piece that puts the Browns D over the top, or a part-time money pit with decent numbers but not a game-changer.
    Pollard is on, what, his fifth team? that's a lot for a brief career. and the NFL just outlawed the head-first hit. Ravens might think he's a problem waiting to happen.
    Ray was maybe more valuable for his leadership this year than his on-field performance (nobody hits the 30+ wall without losing a step or two).
    Birk retired at the right time. Maybe GGrad can replace him, maybe not, but we do have at least one option.
    looking forward to the new talent in the draft (and the UDFAs--imagine how attractive the Ravens will be to them, with openings right away and a track record of signing and developing same--Ellerbe, JamMac, Scott, Demps, Priest Holmes).
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I don't consider this a low point at all...in fact just the opposite...the owner and GM both understand there is no room for sentimentality when trying to win....I'd be seriously disappointed if they didn't recognize the need to let some folks walk....