Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What's Your Favorite Ed Reed Moment?

What I will always remember is what a punt blocking threat he was early in his career. It got to where he was either blocking the punt or being held on every punt attempt. Never saw someone so quick to the punter.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I can't remember when, but Harbaugh was mic'd up on one of his picks, and as he gets wrapped up, you hear Harbaugh saying "No Ed! No! No!" because he saw him trying to lateral, then he does and Landry picks up another 15 and Harbaugh's going "Yes Ed! Yes! Yes!"

Just encapsulates PERFECTLY how we felt every time Ed Reed got slowed down on a return and started looking to pitch it. NO NO NO...YES!!!! YES!!!!
    I remember feeling like this during the Panthers game in 2010 where Ed lateraled to Landry for the TD. As soon as his head moved on the return you knew what was coming... and yet the lateral was picture perfect. OK the game was over by that point but just one of those plays where you can only shake your head in amazement.

The Philly runback is my personal fave though.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    I remember feeling like this during the Panthers game in 2010 where Ed lateraled to Landry for the TD. As soon as his head moved on the return you knew what was coming... and yet the lateral was picture perfect. OK the game was over by that point but just one of those plays where you can only shake your head in amazement.

The Philly runback is my personal fave though.
    I always though he lateraled a bit early then, because Landry almost got clipped as he went into the endzone, but I think the TV angle didn't show well that Landry looked like he had a clear path to the EZ. That was probably the least concerning lateral he's done.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I forget which one it was, maybe both of them, but when he had one of his 108 yard record breaking returns from a few years ago. I was screaming at him (through the TV obviously) to take a knee and not run it out (pissed), than I was screaming at him to not lateral the ball (worried), and than I was screaming at him to run it all of the way back (elated). It's amazing the amount of emotions one, or two, returns can make you experience in about 4-5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I forget which one it was, maybe both of them, but when he had one of his 108 yard record breaking returns from a few years ago. I was screaming at him (through the TV obviously) to take a knee and not run it out (pissed), than I was screaming at him to not lateral the ball (worried), and than I was screaming at him to run it all of the way back (elated). It's amazing the amount of emotions one, or two, returns can make you experience in about 4-5 seconds.
    For one play I'll go with the Philly return too. But I agree, Reed was a emotional roller coaster. No player had me elated one second then the next yelling at the TV to take a knee or please do not lateral. Ed was fearless and if he got his hands on the ball he could be reckless but exciting too. Just knowing Ed was there you always knew we had a highlight reel play waiting to happen.

The unbelievable run of games he put together in 2008, where he was robbed of his 2nd DPOY award.

How about opening night 2007 in Cincinnati? Early in the 4th quarter we are down. McNair is playing hurt and the offense is completely stagnant. The defense is hanging tough, but we need some kind of spark to have any hope of winning. Enter Ed Reed back at punt returner...

Even though we went on to lose (BS offensive PI on Todd Heap), Ed's return TD was as electric as any play ever. Team needs a little magic? Let's just send out our secret weapon. That play was also the moment when my mom, who's never cared one iota about pro sports in her life, became a Ravens fan. It made us a complete Raven-fanatic family, so it holds a special place for me.

The length of the field INT returns against Philly, Cleveland, and the Jets (even though Will Demps' holding all nullified the TD on the latter). Also the strip sack/TD of Brunell and also I believe a PR TD against the Redskins in '05 that basically won the game all by himself. I totally understand that it had to happen, and fully support the Ravens, but damn I will miss him. I wish he would've retired and we could've had the Ray and Ed show in Canton in 2018. Oh well.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

I absolutely loved Ed Reed's 64 yard Willy Mays interception return touchdown vs the Dolphins in 2008. Also his one-handed interception vs the Giants in 2004, though that got called back from a penalty.

My top four moments, all of which have already mentioned were as followings:

Strip/sack/fumble return for a TD against Brunell and the skins
    TD return off a blocked punt against the skins and Seahawks
    Interception return for a TD against the dolphins

Forget which game but he picked it off in our endzone, and after wathcing the replay Brian Billick was yelling NO ED! NO ED! then he broke free then he was yelling GO ED! GO ED! HAHAHAHA

Also loved the strip/sack fumble return for a TD @ the Redskins on a sunday night.