Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    How about the pick in the end zone against the Jets in 2004 when Herm Edwards is imploring LaMont Jordan not to throw it because of Ed Reed? Would have been a TD if it wasn't for the block in the back call against Will Demps...classic Ed...

Re: What's Your Favorite Ed Reed Moment?

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    How about the pick in the end zone against the Jets in 2004 when Herm Edwards is imploring LaMont Jordan not to throw it because of Ed Reed? Would have been a TD if it wasn't for the block in the back call against Will Demps...classic Ed...
    Yes, it was classic Ed Reed...Ed catches it, Ray is there in front of him telling him to get down and Ed runs around him and zig zags through the entire Jet offense and you just know, no one is going to touch him...And the flag on Demps was actually a ridiculous holding call when all he did was shove the Jet in the shoulder. Ed made it to the endzone and throws the ball and poses with his hands on his hips. It turned that game around.

But of all the moments...I think the moment that sticks in my mind and it is on the new Ravens DVD...after the AFCCG was over...there is a clip of Ed on one knee and he is looking down and patting his helmet and if you look really close you can see, he is talking to himself, and there is so much emotion in there, it is sinking in that after all these years and near misses...he is finally going to the super bowl. Then finally he pops up and literally starts screaming and turns around and runs off the field and doesn't stop screaming the entire time...
    I don't think anyone was more happy than Ed and he didn't hide it at all.

And now it is all history.
    We will remember these days as seeing some of the best that EVER played and they were Ravens.

Blog Entries

2004 at the Redskins. The Ravens are down 10-0 at the half and Kyle Boller is just terrible. Jamal Lewis is moving the ball but it's only because he's running the ball twice for every pass attempt. It's looking bad and the only thing that's going to save things are some big plays by the defense.

Ed Reed takes over in the second half. He comes in on a blitz and it's so quick and violent that Mark Brunell drops the ball. Ed picks it up and runs it back for a score. Now he's in Brunell's head. Brunell can't seem to figure our where Reed is going to pop out next and throws a bad pick to Deion. He then starts holding the ball too long and getting sacked. They put Reed and Deion on the return team and the Redskins don't know who to cover and allow BJ Sams to return a punt for a TD. Ed Reed is beating the Redskins mentally as much as physically. Boller throws 3 picks and passes for 80 yards but the Redskins don't get another point. The Ravens win 17-10.

That was the power of Ed Reed in his prime. It was also the year he won the Defensive Player of the Year Award.

Blog Entries

There are so many, mine is is simply seeing him hoist the Lombardi as a Raven after so many years of great effort.

The strip-sack/fumble/TD against Brunell and the Skins always sticks out for me. Mainly because it was against the Skins!

A close second is the blocked punt return for TD in a game we had no business winning vs. Seattle here.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

So many great memories in this thread. This is my contribution and I am going off the field for this one.

That was from NFLN but it was first shown on CBS and I still remember when they cut back to the studio how JB and the other guys looked really moved by the scene. I am not afraid to admit I got a little choked up myself. I cannot imagine what that man was going through at that time.

It also shows just how loved and respected and revered Ed was in that locker room.

I have two Ed Reed moments - the first is the return against the Browns on the Sunday Night game in '06 (we were all in Black that night). The blocked punt returned for a TD against the Redskins.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Blog Entries

I can't remember when, but Harbaugh was mic'd up on one of his picks, and as he gets wrapped up, you hear Harbaugh saying "No Ed! No! No!" because he saw him trying to lateral, then he does and Landry picks up another 15 and Harbaugh's going "Yes Ed! Yes! Yes!"

Just encapsulates PERFECTLY how we felt every time Ed Reed got slowed down on a return and started looking to pitch it. NO NO NO...YES!!!! YES!!!!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Of everything he ever did for the Ravens my biggest memory is the playoffs this season when Cary Williams has a pick in the end zone and the first person I saw was Ed waving his arms downward for him to take the touchback. Of all people to tell Williams to go down. Priceless.

Thanks, Ed.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I can't remember when, but Harbaugh was mic'd up on one of his picks, and as he gets wrapped up, you hear Harbaugh saying "No Ed! No! No!" because he saw him trying to lateral, then he does and Landry picks up another 15 and Harbaugh's going "Yes Ed! Yes! Yes!"
    I think that was the NE playoff game in 2010

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

There will never be another playmaker like Ed Reed. But boy he made me crazy holding that ball out there and threatening to lateral it as he ran down field. Great memories

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It was mentioned above, but I have never seen a single defensive player so utterly dominate a game as Ed v. the Redskins back in the lost season known as 2004. It is very cliche to say someone "single-handedly won the game", but in that instance, damn right he did.