Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What's Your Favorite Ed Reed Moment?

There are so many, mine is is simply seeing him hoist the Lombardi as a Raven after so many years of great effort.

Blog Entries

The strip-sack/fumble/TD against Brunell and the Skins always sticks out for me. Mainly because it was against the Skins!

A close second is the blocked punt return for TD in a game we had no business winning vs. Seattle here.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

So many great memories in this thread. This is my contribution and I am going off the field for this one.

That was from NFLN but it was first shown on CBS and I still remember when they cut back to the studio how JB and the other guys looked really moved by the scene. I am not afraid to admit I got a little choked up myself. I cannot imagine what that man was going through at that time.

It also shows just how loved and respected and revered Ed was in that locker room.

I have two Ed Reed moments - the first is the return against the Browns on the Sunday Night game in '06 (we were all in Black that night). The blocked punt returned for a TD against the Redskins.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Blog Entries

I can't remember when, but Harbaugh was mic'd up on one of his picks, and as he gets wrapped up, you hear Harbaugh saying "No Ed! No! No!" because he saw him trying to lateral, then he does and Landry picks up another 15 and Harbaugh's going "Yes Ed! Yes! Yes!"

Just encapsulates PERFECTLY how we felt every time Ed Reed got slowed down on a return and started looking to pitch it. NO NO NO...YES!!!! YES!!!!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Of everything he ever did for the Ravens my biggest memory is the playoffs this season when Cary Williams has a pick in the end zone and the first person I saw was Ed waving his arms downward for him to take the touchback. Of all people to tell Williams to go down. Priceless.

Thanks, Ed.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I can't remember when, but Harbaugh was mic'd up on one of his picks, and as he gets wrapped up, you hear Harbaugh saying "No Ed! No! No!" because he saw him trying to lateral, then he does and Landry picks up another 15 and Harbaugh's going "Yes Ed! Yes! Yes!"
    I think that was the NE playoff game in 2010

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

There will never be another playmaker like Ed Reed. But boy he made me crazy holding that ball out there and threatening to lateral it as he ran down field. Great memories
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It was mentioned above, but I have never seen a single defensive player so utterly dominate a game as Ed v. the Redskins back in the lost season known as 2004. It is very cliche to say someone "single-handedly won the game", but in that instance, damn right he did.

What I will always remember is what a punt blocking threat he was early in his career. It got to where he was either blocking the punt or being held on every punt attempt. Never saw someone so quick to the punter.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Just encapsulates PERFECTLY how we felt every time Ed Reed got slowed down on a return and started looking to pitch it. NO NO NO...YES!!!! YES!!!!
    I remember feeling like this during the Panthers game in 2010 where Ed lateraled to Landry for the TD. As soon as his head moved on the return you knew what was coming... and yet the lateral was picture perfect. OK the game was over by that point but just one of those plays where you can only shake your head in amazement.

The Philly runback is my personal fave though.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    I remember feeling like this during the Panthers game in 2010 where Ed lateraled to Landry for the TD. As soon as his head moved on the return you knew what was coming... and yet the lateral was picture perfect. OK the game was over by that point but just one of those plays where you can only shake your head in amazement.

The Philly runback is my personal fave though.
    I always though he lateraled a bit early then, because Landry almost got clipped as he went into the endzone, but I think the TV angle didn't show well that Landry looked like he had a clear path to the EZ. That was probably the least concerning lateral he's done.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I forget which one it was, maybe both of them, but when he had one of his 108 yard record breaking returns from a few years ago. I was screaming at him (through the TV obviously) to take a knee and not run it out (pissed), than I was screaming at him to not lateral the ball (worried), and than I was screaming at him to run it all of the way back (elated). It's amazing the amount of emotions one, or two, returns can make you experience in about 4-5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I forget which one it was, maybe both of them, but when he had one of his 108 yard record breaking returns from a few years ago. I was screaming at him (through the TV obviously) to take a knee and not run it out (pissed), than I was screaming at him to not lateral the ball (worried), and than I was screaming at him to run it all of the way back (elated). It's amazing the amount of emotions one, or two, returns can make you experience in about 4-5 seconds.
    For one play I'll go with the Philly return too. But I agree, Reed was a emotional roller coaster. No player had me elated one second then the next yelling at the TV to take a knee or please do not lateral. Ed was fearless and if he got his hands on the ball he could be reckless but exciting too. Just knowing Ed was there you always knew we had a highlight reel play waiting to happen.

The unbelievable run of games he put together in 2008, where he was robbed of his 2nd DPOY award.