Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m

Arthur Jones: 'The motto of the Ravens is Next man up. It's going to take every last guy to get us back to Super Bowl contention.'
    Expand
    Aaron Wilson Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 3m

Arthur Jones on Ed Reed: "He made me believe in myself and my ability. Every week he talked to me. He understands every position on defense'
    Expand
    Aaron Wilson Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 4m

Arthur Jones on Ed Reed: 'After the Texans game, he said, 'We need you to step up and don't be complacent.' He saw flashes in me.'
    Expand
    Aaron Wilson Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 9m

Jameel McClain on Ed Reed: 'But more importantly he is one of the greatest men I have had the chance to encounter.'
    Expand

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    How so? He made a dick move in dragging it all out.

He has been well treated in Baltimore and loved for that matter. He has been dangling that carrot in front of the fans for over a week. The fans don't deserve that shit.
    Yeah, I haven't been able to eat or sleep all week, waiting for Ed.

The man gave everything he had, and his body (and possibly his brain) will give him problems for the rest of his life. If he wants to drag things out for a week (wow, a whole WEEK), he's earned that.

Good luck, Ed. Stay healthy.

Stunned at the short memories of some on here. It's pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Stunned at the short memories of some on here. It's pretty pathetic.
    Ed gave everything he had for a long time. One of the greatest to ever play the position and he gave Baltimore his best years. It was a joy to watch him play.

And it was a joy to watch the excitement on his face as he got to carry the Lombardi through the streets of Baltimore, letting the fans touch it.

The great memories are what his legacy will be. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Ed gave everything he had for a long time. One of the greatest to ever play the position and he gave Baltimore his best years. It was a joy to watch him play.

And it was a joy to watch the excitement on his face as he got to carry the Lombardi through the streets of Baltimore, letting the fans touch it.

The great memories are what his legacy will be. Always.
    Yeah man. Broke the mold. Not sure there has been a more instinctive safety ever. So many awesome memories.

Ed's a leader and remarkable player who will be missed but the move was best for both parties. Glad he didn't go to the patriots.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I've been resigned to this ever since the season ended. Honestly I was more upset over losing Ellerbe than I am Ed given what they can do right NOW. Hopefully he'll show their fans some flashes of what made him the greatest ball hawk ever but I'm guessing those moments will be few and far between. That said all I can do right now is be appreciative of 11 awesome years in my team's uniform and be glad that I was able to witness them.

To say that Ed Reed is poor in coverage is showing alack of understanding football. He is still a top 5 cover corner. His tackling is suspect, ye, but his coverage skills are still very good.

Blog Entries

Ugh. I knew this day was coming, but I still feel ill. Wish Ed Reed all the best with this next phase of his career, and sorry to see him go.

He definitely owes it to himself to cash in one more time; he's the one who has to live with his body when his career is over, and completely entitled to get compensated for that to the maximum degree possible. No problem with him moving on, whatsoever.

The Ravens will go on, as always, but this is really a tough one to take. Really need draft day to get here to cheer me up. That, and a couple beers.

Blog Entries
    I always knew the day would come when there would be no more Ray and Ed. Sad to see it arrive but it ended with the trophy and now they can move on.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

So you are saying his coverage has not declined the past few seasons? That would be a lack of understanding football.

I am sure someone here knows where to look to find the stats. His coverage has declined. His tackling ability has been terrible. He has had knee and neck issues for years and it has affected his play.

Sure i would have kept him for the right price but that was not going to happen.

I wish him no ill will. He was one of the greatest Ravens of all time.

iggyman555 Guest