Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    I won't call him names but it was pretty dickish to have dragged it out this long. Everyone (here at least) knows his best years ended 2 or 3 years ago. He tackles for shit now, is poor in coverage and has had a neck issue on and off for 3 seasons.

Yet every year he was underpaid, was thinking of retiring blah blah.

I think Baltimore has treated him pretty damn good the past 11 years and we didn't deserve to have this shit dragged out for over a week.

BTW Wikipedia already has him listed as a Texan.

Edward Earl Reed, Jr. (born September 11, 1978) is an American football free safety who currently plays for the Houston Texans.
    That's pretty much the same thing as calling him names.

I have to think we had the money to pay Reed if we wanted to keep him here. If Ozzie wanted him here, and felt so strong about it that $6 million was worth it, he would have paid it. Even if it meant cutting someone like Leach.

The bottom line is that I think all the talk from the Ravens side about wanting him back was just public "respect" lip service and nothing more.

And if the Ravens can pull off a deal to get Dumerville in here, then the front 7 of the defense might be so potent that Reed's presence downfield might not be as necessary.

What a stud. What a badass. Lots if things to say about Ed but what a badass instinctual mofo. Not sure there has ever been anyone quite like him at his position in the Nfl. 1st ballot hall of famer.

Ray, Oggie and Ed. Lucky lucky fans.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    That's pretty much the same thing as calling him names.
    How so? He made a dick move in dragging it all out.

He has been well treated in Baltimore and loved for that matter. He has been dangling that carrot in front of the fans for over a week. The fans don't deserve that shit.

I won't call him names but it was pretty dickish to have dragged it out this long. Everyone (here at least) knows his best years ended 2 or 3 years ago. He tackles for shit now, is poor in coverage and has had a neck issue on and off for 3 seasons.

Yet every year he was underpaid, was thinking of retiring blah blah.

I think Baltimore has treated him pretty damn good the past 11 years and we didn't deserve to have this shit dragged out for over a week.

BTW Wikipedia already has him listed as a Texan.

Edward Earl Reed, Jr. (born September 11, 1978) is an American football free safety who currently plays for the Houston Texans.
    You won't call him names but you'll still resort to name calling. LOL. Got it

Well, most knew this was coming. Ed Reed, a born hall of famer RAVEN!! Charm city still love you bro, no doubt. Business is business ! Good luck.
    What a off season. The heart (Ray) and soul(Ed) has left. I happy it was the same year, easier to deal with. It was a great ride with both.
    Now time for Ball So Hard U to have full classes and restore the ROAR back in the Charm City organized Chaos. Looking like a bright future.
    One love Reed!!

How so? He made a dick move in dragging it all out.

He has been well treated in Baltimore and loved for that matter. He has been dangling that carrot in front of the fans for over a week. The fans don't deserve that shit.
    Maybe it's not about the fans. Maybe it's about him having to make the decision of what he wants to do?

And you essentially called him a dick. So that's how so.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He deserves a reeeeeedddd when we olay Houston at home
    You say olay and I say OLE'

Good riddance.

I can't wait to see Flacco go against Reed!
    When Ray goes to Canton, I'm going too.

Blog Entries

Guess it is for the best, but it really sucks right now since he was my favorite player and will always be my favorite player.

Reed signing my jersey at Training Camp in 2004. Have that jersey framed now. Thanks for the memories...really saddened by this right now. Oh well, I will get over it. If the Ravens can't win the SB this year, I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans do it...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries
    @RapSheet: Ran into a coach at AZ airport. On Reed/Texans: "The guy they lost (Quin) could do everything, hit & cover. That's not Ed. He's 20 yds deep"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROF whatever.

Just because i said it was dickish is not the same a calling him a dick.

He is a formerly great player, it was an honor having him on my favorite team. If i didn't love him on the field i wouldn't be wearing his number.

However the past few off seasons he has acted dickish. Threats to retire, saying he wanted more and more. Calling out his QB is also a dickish move.

Just because someone acts dickish at times does not make them a full time dick.