Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    LOL, Houston had no idea of how Ed Reed is...

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4m
    Oh well. It only matters what Reed does on the field. He was so nice when we met him last week, though.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 6m
    For 34 years I've met All-Pros and Hall of Famers at airport and can't remember any of them refusing to comment.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 7m
    We chased Reed all the way to parking lot after waiting 3 hrs and wouldn't give us courtesy of even stopping.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 9m
    Reed refused to speak to reporters: "Not tonight. I'll catch y'all tomorrow."

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 10m
    Ed Reed just arrived at airport. Will sign 3 yr deal Friday morn and b introduced at news conference.
    lol They just don't know

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Combine that with the $6 Million price tag and it starts to be clear to the more knowledgeable fans here that they over paid for him.
    I'd not offered him more than 4 Million.

According to the Chronicle and per Tony, Reed got a 3yr / $15 Million deal with $5 Million guaranteed.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

According to the Chronicle and per Tony, Reed got a 3yr / $15 Million deal with $5 Million guaranteed.
    Yup. at least 1.5 M more per year than what Ozzie would've done. Good for Ed. I hope in 2-3 years, Ed will be 1) healthy enough to be walking and moving pretty well and 2) sign a 1 day contract and have a press conference to retire with the Ravens.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Strangely similar, that's what I'd offer Cary Williams...oh, the Ravens did that last year and he turned it down. Wonder what he's looking for in 2013 (?) ... Bc

One eye on the press conference, all I can say is thank goodness we never had to see this with Ray.

Good luck Ed (except of course when Flacco hangs 5 TDs on you this year)
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    One eye on the press conference, all I can say is thank goodness we never had to see this with Ray.

Good luck Ed (except of course when Flacco hangs 5 TDs on you this year)
    I don't know how you can watch it lol.

I was changing through the channels and I happened to see him sitting at that table with McNair and that Texans helmet and almost threw up.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

All I can say is that I hope the Texans fail big time this year.

Ed had every right to chase the money, and I am glad he got paid as much as he could.
    However I hope that money comes with a lot of losing.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    All I can say is that I hope the Texans fail big time this year.

Ed had every right to chase the money, and I am glad he got paid as much as he could.
    However I hope that money comes with a lot of losing.
    Eh, IF the Ravens don't repeat, I'd be fine seeing the Texans win it all. They're certainly preferable to most other recent AFC playoff teams (Pitt, Cincy, N.E., Denver, Indy...).

Good luck, REEEEEEEEEEEED! We're sure gonna miss ya...

Blog Entries

Wonder how the Colts and Pagano are feeling right now.

In one offseason, Texans get the best center field S of all time, and the Titans get the Bonecrusher.

Andrew Luck is all "FML!"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I am so glad that I can't watch it right now being at work. Might go into a depression for a couple hours. Man that guy will be missed. Seems that the feelings were mutual from what I am seeing on twitter and also with the media snub from him. Can't be the happiest day in his life either.

Seeing Ed in the press conference hurts. It really does. I don't blame him though, on this salary cap era teams have no loyalty to players, and rightfully so players have no loyalty to teams.
    I wish he would have retired, but ed loves football and wants to keep playing, and I don't blame him for searching out his last contract.

Best of luck ed, and sorry for the pounding joe is going to lay on you next season