Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I generally agree with your posts because they reflect a genuine insight into football and the way it's played. These recent posts have me baffled. Did you honestly not see Ed Reed get beaten on gambles throughout the year? Plays in which he'd be caught in no man's land, cheating up to play the run instead of providing cover support over the top, the result of which was either long gainers or TDs after having left the CBs out to dry.

Also, how involved was Ed in breaking up plays, even if he didn't make interceptions? There were some, but not nearly as many as in the past when his skills were on full display.

As far as QBs and what they say...I tend to take that with a grain of salt.

As far as QBs staying away from him...it's impossible to prove one way or the other.

But in the overall picture, if you think that what I've presented here represents a lack of football IQ or awareness, then we're seriously going to have to agree to disagree. Because I absolutely believe that if any other player had played the way Ed Reed did this year people would be screaming for his head.
    And I enjoy most of your posts. I will agree to disagree with you on this subject, because I still see a dangerous player on the field when Reed is out there. I am sorry to call out your football IQ. I am sure yours is better than mine.

Kinda OT, but do you think Ed puts out a full page ad in the Sun?

(I collect those sort of things :) )

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    And I enjoy most of your posts. I will agree to disagree with you on this subject, because I still see a dangerous player on the field when Reed is out there. I am sorry to call out your football IQ. I am sure yours is better than mine.
    Nah. You're definitely on target 99% of the time and your football IQ tops mine. It's just this one issue that we don't see eye to eye.

Slightly O/T: I was just watching NFL N's top 100, and Ed was #88. Watching him in his prime is both thrilling and sad, at least for me, at the same time. Watching his energy blocking punts, running back ints 100+ yards, truly scaring top level NFL QBs, is something to see. But that player and today's Ed Reed are just two different players IMO.

(Of particular interest in that segment was listening to Hines Ward's commentary, then seeing the two of them go at it on the field. Waaay cool.)

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You should see all the Facebook comments. Some of the stuff being said towards him is embarrassing. Ravens fans in general are a pretty classless group, which isn't terribly shocking given the majority of them originate from Baltimore.
    Err, I'm from Baltimore. I'm not classless. I find this part of your post sort of ironic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Meh. Houston's defense coughed up 41 points to New England, and it's all on Schaub?

It's just typical softheaded "analysis" that passes for sportswriting these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You should see all the Facebook comments. Some of the stuff being said towards him is embarrassing. Ravens fans in general are a pretty classless group, which isn't terribly shocking given the majority of them originate from Baltimore.

This message board oozes so much more quality of discussion and understanding than what you observe from the common fan. That's why it's an enjoyable experience to comment here. Not only are the regulars here pretty darn knowledgeable, but I would say quite a bit more analytical and non-kneejerk than anywhere else (possible exception---game day threads :) )

I was really disgusted to see the "F Ed Reed, I'm burning his jersey" type of comments. Nothing like that here.
    I don't do Facebook, might be the last one left in the free world, but I think many are probably people who hop off and on the bandwagon. Who cares, the actual Raven fan base here, is an excellent one.
    As for Ed, I wish him nothing but the best. First ballot HOFer, without question and one of the most unigue players I have ever seen. Thanks #20, God willing, I will be there in Canton when you go in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    As fans, we all love Ed. I think we can all agree that we wanted him to retire following the Super Bowl, along with Ray. The writing was on the wall, but he will always be a Raven.
    Agree, my one regret is Colin K did not throw the ball to the other shoulder....the last play of the great Ed Reeds Raven career would have been a Super Bowl Saving pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    So do I. We've been spoiled watching Reed through the years, perhaps so much that many of us can't really appreciate what he's still capable of doing.

He still has great instincts for the ball coupled with an incredible football IQ. He's a coach on the field for the secondary. He's still a dangerous ballcarrier in the open field.

Blog Entries

LOL, Houston had no idea of how Ed Reed is...

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4m
    Oh well. It only matters what Reed does on the field. He was so nice when we met him last week, though.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 6m
    For 34 years I've met All-Pros and Hall of Famers at airport and can't remember any of them refusing to comment.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 7m
    We chased Reed all the way to parking lot after waiting 3 hrs and wouldn't give us courtesy of even stopping.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 9m
    Reed refused to speak to reporters: "Not tonight. I'll catch y'all tomorrow."

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 10m
    Ed Reed just arrived at airport. Will sign 3 yr deal Friday morn and b introduced at news conference.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Welcome to Ed Reed, Houston.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    LOL, Houston had no idea of how Ed Reed is...

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 4m
    Oh well. It only matters what Reed does on the field. He was so nice when we met him last week, though.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 6m
    For 34 years I've met All-Pros and Hall of Famers at airport and can't remember any of them refusing to comment.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 7m
    We chased Reed all the way to parking lot after waiting 3 hrs and wouldn't give us courtesy of even stopping.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 9m
    Reed refused to speak to reporters: "Not tonight. I'll catch y'all tomorrow."

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 10m
    Ed Reed just arrived at airport. Will sign 3 yr deal Friday morn and b introduced at news conference.
    Now this is good stuff. Wait til after the season when he is mulling over retirement and a new deal. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I'm actually a little shocked that they are upset about this. Guy didn't launch into a tirade on them or anything. He just said "hey, i'll talk to you guys tomorrow"

He's got an early PC, he just flew in, wants to get checked into his hotel and get rest. Why the hell does he have to stop and grant interviews when his introduction is tomorrow?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!