Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

I'm going to give you guys props for this thread & all who participated.

A lesser fanboard would have found someway to demonize the player, even the GOAT.... you guys didn't.

Stay classy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

A lesser fanboard would have found someway to demonize the player, even the GOAT.... you guys didn't.

Stay classy.
    As fans, we all love Ed. I think we can all agree that we wanted him to retire following the Super Bowl, along with Ray. The writing was on the wall, but he will always be a Raven.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Stay classy.
    You see, he is a special player. He is a little goofy sometimes, but that's Ed.
    He brought all the intangibles with him.
    Reading plays and disguising what he was doing...being on one side of the field and 3 seconds later picking it off on the other and then running through the entire team to get six.
    He still has bursts of speed that defy logic.
    He uses it at the right times.
    Peyton and Brady stayed away from him because they knew better.
    He made a few plays during the playoffs that looked like the young Ed...covering a receiver at the endzone line and then sprinting over 15 yards to hit Kap to force a bad pass and a field goal try instead.
    Those are the things that win those close games.
    He will be a fan favorite if you all let him.

This maybe the best for outcome for both Ed and the Ravens. I suspect he got a level of respect with the money, best of luck to him. I've been concerned about his health, a neck injury is nothing to play with. It's sad that the Texans, not the Ravens made him feel wanted and payed him, but this is a business side of it. Good luck Ed and stay healthy.

Stay classy.
    You should see all the Facebook comments. Some of the stuff being said towards him is embarrassing. Ravens fans in general are a pretty classless group, which isn't terribly shocking given the majority of them originate from Baltimore.

This message board oozes so much more quality of discussion and understanding than what you observe from the common fan. That's why it's an enjoyable experience to comment here. Not only are the regulars here pretty darn knowledgeable, but I would say quite a bit more analytical and non-kneejerk than anywhere else (possible exception---game day threads :) )

I was really disgusted to see the "F Ed Reed, I'm burning his jersey" type of comments. Nothing like that here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You should see all the Facebook comments. Some of the stuff being said towards him is embarrassing. Ravens fans in general are a pretty classless group, which isn't terribly shocking given the majority of them originate from Baltimore.
    It's not just limited to Ravens fans. Go on Profootballtalk.com and read the comments. You get morons that root for every team that will post all kinds of crap like that.

Reed is my favorite all- time player. His intelligence was simply on another level and in my mind, the most exciting play in sports was an Ed Reed interception return circa 2002-2007, he was unstoppable in the open field and attempts to tackle him were often embarrassingly not close.

I also think his skills at this point are vastly underrated. I still think he's one of the 5 best safeties in the league (on the low end) and you can't put a value on teams not throwing his way (which rarely happens). Sure he is an unwilling tackler, but with a good front capable of stopping the run (like the Texans with Cushing coming back), this is less of a factor. There's still no doubt that he strikes fear in opposing receivers going over the middle (I don't think any safety had as many big hits on receivers going over the middle than Reed last year). He led the NFL in INTs in just 10 games three years ago. I still think he's fully capable of getting 7 or so if he has a good year next year. I really wish the Ravens had kept him, I'm definitely going to miss the excitement he brought to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    What you said was his coverage skills were poor. His coverage skills are not poor. I said Cover corner and I meant safety. His cover skills, while not what they once were are still easily top 5 in the game. If you can't see and agree with that, then you don't understand what you are looking at.
    I generally agree with your posts because they reflect a genuine insight into football and the way it's played. These recent posts have me baffled. Did you honestly not see Ed Reed get beaten on gambles throughout the year? Plays in which he'd be caught in no man's land, cheating up to play the run instead of providing cover support over the top, the result of which was either long gainers or TDs after having left the CBs out to dry.

Also, how involved was Ed in breaking up plays, even if he didn't make interceptions? There were some, but not nearly as many as in the past when his skills were on full display.

As far as QBs and what they say...I tend to take that with a grain of salt.

As far as QBs staying away from him...it's impossible to prove one way or the other.

But in the overall picture, if you think that what I've presented here represents a lack of football IQ or awareness, then we're seriously going to have to agree to disagree. Because I absolutely believe that if any other player had played the way Ed Reed did this year people would be screaming for his head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

This message board oozes so much more quality of discussion and understanding than what you observe from the common fan. That's why it's an enjoyable experience to comment here. Not only are the regulars here pretty darn knowledgeable, but I would say quite a bit more analytical and non-kneejerk than anywhere else (possible exception---game day threads :) )

I was really disgusted to see the "F Ed Reed, I'm burning his jersey" type of comments. Nothing like that here.
    Never been to Baltimore, but comon man, this is the same in pretty much every sport teams fan base no matter where they're from.

Blog Entries

ED thank you for the memories, you are what baltimore football is about and been on this team WHEN defense was the image, great player got his ring and will be a HOF'er..Good luck ED we still love you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think he's right.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2