Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

The thing is, I wonder how much of this move was inspired by Andrew Luck saying the hardest part of playing against Baltimore was "definitely Ed Reed."

I think they want to nip their Colts problem in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    wow... I can understand confusing lesser known players but possibly the GOAT FS?... just wow.
    He was in the wrong thread. He thought they were talking about the team's plan to convert OLB Brooks Reed to ILB.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    The business end of this sucks, but it is what it is. No profitable business sinks money into investments that don't pay off, nor does somebody walk away from a significantly larger offer on the table. Made sense for both sides.

Somewhat related topic - what is up with the IQ of Facebook posters? I was reading on my mobile app some of the comments left on the Ravens 24x7 posts and...sheesh...utter ignorance.
    9 out of 10 post about this are. "Flacco could learn from Eli" or"Flacco could learn from Brady" and then go on to say " he should take less like Eli is to Sign Cruz so we can sign Ed".

They just don't understand that Eli restructuring means he just moving around the way he gets his money, not that he is taking less, and that the Texans are paying more than the Ravens would pay, not more than the could pay.

I am no capologist but I understand enough to know this has nothing to do with Flacco. Had a great English teacher in High School who used to say "If you don't know what you're talking about, don't open your fucking mouth" I think that applies to many people on this subject.

Cool Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Thanks for the memories Ed Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    9 out of 10 post about this are. "Flacco could learn from Eli" or"Flacco could learn from Brady" and then go on to say " he should take less like Eli is to Sign Cruz so we can sign Ed".

They just don't understand that Eli restructuring means he just moving around the way he gets his money, not that he is taking less, and that the Texans are paying more than the Ravens would pay, not more than the could pay.

I am no capologist but I understand enough to know this has nothing to do with Flacco. Had a great English teacher in High School who used to say "If you don't know what you're talking about, don't open your fucking mouth" I think that applies to many people on this subject.

Read the comments on the Ravens Facebook page sometime.... its good for a laugh or two. Evidently its Joe's fault that he took a whole 6 million against the cap this year that we couldn't sign boldin and if he would have been franchised Boldin would still be here... Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    Read the comments on the Ravens Facebook page sometime.... its good for a laugh or two. Evidently its Joe's fault that he took a whole 6 million against the cap this year that we couldn't sign boldin and if he would have been franchised Boldin would still be here... Wow
    I think the Ed is a "trader" (repeated multiple times) comments are even more hilarious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    He was in the wrong thread. He thought they were talking about the team's plan to convert OLB Brooks Reed to ILB.
    haha... that makes much much more sense.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I think the Ed is a "trader" (repeated multiple times) comments are even more hilarious.
    Just like Benidick Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    It's not just ignorant fans.

I was listening to SXM NFL Radio this morning and Solomon Wilcotts repeated that same, inaccurate mantra.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's not just ignorant fans.

I was listening to SXM NFL Radio this morning and Solomon Wilcotts repeated that same, inaccurate mantra.
    Probably where the fans get that from.

And that is the business these days, report inaccurate crap to the idiots to keep them tuned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    So you are saying his coverage has not declined the past few seasons? That would be a lack of understanding football.

I am sure someone here knows where to look to find the stats. His coverage has declined. His tackling ability has been terrible. He has had knee and neck issues for years and it has affected his play.

Sure i would have kept him for the right price but that was not going to happen.

I wish him no ill will. He was one of the greatest Ravens of all time.
    What you said was his coverage skills were poor. His coverage skills are not poor. I said Cover corner and I meant safety. His cover skills, while not what they once were are still easily top 5 in the game. If you can't see and agree with that, then you don't understand what you are looking at.

Blog Entries

In one of the few reports that got out mid-season about how the Ravens feel about certain players for long-term purposes, word got out that the team was ready to move on from Ray and Ed, hoping that they wouldn't have to make the choice for them, yet willing to do so if necessary. Ray made the choice for himself. Ed did not.

When Ed Reed was younger, he was much quieter in a public sense. He still talked on the field, as most players do, but you didn't hear many unusual statements from him in public, other than his desire to have Rex Ryan be the coach here, which was every defensive player's desire. Once he began to really age and see that his time was nearing an end, I think he began to change. You would hear him make comments, out of the blue, about wanting to be paid as the best at his position if he is the best. There were also the comments about retirement, that were indeed 'Favre- like'. You had the comments he made about Joe Flacco after their victory over the Texans. You had the interview that he did with ESPN after their later report about the players wanting Rex over John, declaring that he would expect John Harbaugh to understand not to take those feelings a certain way, saying so in a condescending manner. Of course, you have the 'mutiny' incident.

It should come as no surprise that the team was ready to move on for more reasons than his declining play.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore