Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    @RavensInsider: Why is Ed Reed joining the Texans instead of staying with the Ravens, major difference in financial offers. His decision isn't a surprise

I'm anxious to see the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

Ozzie wasn't going to budge. He has vision for this 2013 team and he's sticking to it. Ed Reed had a vision for himself and those 2 visions just didn't meet. I don't blame either one of them. Ed had a great run with the Ravens and went out in the best possible way.

Blog Entries

Sad day for Baltimore. He was my favorite Raven. Hope he finishes out his career healthy and comes back a day to retire.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Last season had a storybook ending to remember with Ray and Ed holding the Lombardi Trophy.

And now the story ends.

I knew the end to the greatest defense of all time had to come eventually, but I can't help but feel a little down.

Never again will we hear Ray Lewis rally the team to play far above their abilities. Never again will we feel the instant euphoria as Ed snatches an INT and takes it to the house as the entire stadium screams "REEEEEEEEEEED!!!"

Yet another era in Baltimore has passed.

Thanks for the memories Ed.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

The capper to a very sad off season. As it stands now, no reason to worry about any other losses. No one left to worry about unless some one gives Pitta a big offer.
    Ed was one of the big 3. Ray, JO and Ed IMO all first ballot HOF guys,

For me this is a tough one to take. Thanks Ed, no one does it better. Like someone else said, unless it hurts the Ravens, I will be rooting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Ugh. I knew this day was coming, but I still feel ill. Wish Ed Reed all the best with this next phase of his career, and sorry to see him go.

He definitely owes it to himself to cash in one more time; he's the one who has to live with his body when his career is over, and completely entitled to get compensated for that to the maximum degree possible. No problem with him moving on, whatsoever.

The Ravens will go on, as always, but this is really a tough one to take. Really need draft day to get here to cheer me up. That, and a couple beers.
    Right on NC. Feel the same way.

I had no problem with Reed going before I knew we were going to cut Pollard loose. Right now, our entire secondary consists of a rehabbing Webb and "others". It's going to be one good magic trick for Ozzie to save the day this time.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ozzie wasn't going to budge. He has vision for this 2013 team and he's sticking to it. Ed Reed had a vision for himself and those 2 visions just didn't meet. I don't blame either one of them. Ed had a great run with the Ravens and went out in the best possible way.
    I just wish we knew what is vision is. If it was to get younger, why offer him 4 million--- if it was to get rid of the so called locker room voices-- why try to get Q to take a 2 million pay cut ---why cut Pollard / Why keep Leech etc

Hello 3rd round comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I had no problem with Reed going before I knew we were going to cut Pollard loose. Right now, our entire secondary consists of a rehabbing Webb and "others". It's going to be one good magic trick for Ozzie to save the day this time.
    Exactly --- I can't believe everyone just assumes Webb will be back to normal

I just had a vision of 25 years in the future and Ed, Ray and JO are at a home game on the field for a coin toss. And I'm thinking of them all with gray hair, looking old and distinguished...

And then I remembered that I'm a month older than Ed...so I'll be all old and shit too. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    Hello 3rd round comp pick.

Because of the amount of money, we MIGHT get a 5th. Not a chance in hell at a 3rd.