Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bama AD just resigned....

Aw man, just when I thought an Ozzie Newsome jersey was the safest to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Ozzie has already left. That's why the team is being DESTROYED
    LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What if he was pushed out by the boosters?! To make way for Ozzie?!
    I doubt he was pushed out considering the success they've enjoyed. Moore was 73 and has had some health issues, sounds like a good time to retire. Ozzie's name is being tossed around I have since read about. I also thought Ozzie was older but he's only 57, so maybe there something to be concerned about. Still, I'll defer my fear for now. He's at the top of his profession now, but if he likes the idea of of a new challenge, he may.

Blog Entries

I'll believe Ozzie leaves when I see it. Bisciotti can out spend Bama any day. Ozzie is a god here. Bama, that would be a headache compared to the cushy life he has here in Baltimore. When Ozzie leaves, I believe it will be to fully retire, that Bama crap is just that, crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    When Ozzie leaves, I believe it will be to fully retire, that Bama crap is just that, crap.
    Actually... I think Ozzie has indicated previously that the Bama AD job is an interesting proposition, but I would not expect him to leave at this time to take it, if offered. Maybe in another 5 years if it is available... But with his competitive nature and the way he makes decisions - I think he feel's he still has something left to prove here, even after a 2nd Super Bowl victory. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    LOL...

hahaha... oh man, I had some serious laughing-tears as I was typing that out
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Aw man, just when I thought an Ozzie Newsome jersey was the safest to buy.
    I think I made a safe purchase this past year... I got a "harbaugh" Jersey.. without his name on it. LOl, just a Nike DriFit Sideline Polo... but I jokingly call it my Harbaugh jersey.

Prior to the 2013 offseason fiasco, I would have been concerned about losing Ozzie. No more. If he goes back to Alabama, best of luck to him. We'll get along fine without him. DecCosta is the backbone of the Ravens player personnel organization.

I used to live in Alabama - Ozzie will feel the heat every season with a few losses.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

i think this is what Ozzie said 2 years ago

"There will come a time when I'll be ready to leave pro football, maybe after we win two Super Bowls," said Newsome, who was in Mobile last week to accept an award at the United States Sports Academy while vacationing in the hometown of his wife.

"At some point, I will walk away from the NFL and go back to work in an official capacity at the University of Alabama."

Oh, this might not be good.
    Timing is everything.
    I have no idea how interested Ozzie would be in that job, but if he was going to make a move, now would be good timing.

You just won the Superbowl, you are clearly in the beginning stages of the plan for the next few years trying to build again for another run by turning to a youth movement and have started by signing the franchise QB to a multi-year deal.

The draft is only a month away, and the next in line has been with you for years learning, developing, and for all intents and purposes, is doing alot of what you already do.
    I'll assume they already have a pretty good idea who they want, how they rank guys, etc., etc.

Yup, I could see it happening now if in fact Ozzie has dreams of being the AD at Alabama and they want him there to do it.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ns-win-it-all/

(From a year ago fwiw)

I agree though, now seems like as good of a time as any if he really does want to be the AD

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider101 View Post
    i think this is what Ozzie said 2 years ago

"There will come a time when I'll be ready to leave pro football, maybe after we win two Super Bowls," said Newsome, who was in Mobile last week to accept an award at the United States Sports Academy while vacationing in the hometown of his wife.

"At some point, I will walk away from the NFL and go back to work in an official capacity at the University of Alabama."
    His name is already being thrown around as a possible candidate.

Moore Steps Down as Alabama ad
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!