Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bernard Pollard Signs

According to CBS Sports, Bernard Pollard has signed a 1-year contract with the Tennessee Titans. No details were provided.
    “Not bad for a running back.”

Re: Bernard Pollard Signs

"On the heels of allowing more points than any team in NFL history in 2012, the Titans have made their secondary a priority in free agency. Tennessee also signed George Wilson last month after he was released by the Buffalo Bills, giving defensive coordinator Jerry Gray a pair of veteran safeties.

Pollard figures to start across from Michael Griffin, while Wilson will push for playing time. It's important to note that Pollard graded 68th on a list of 85 qualifying safeties last season, according to ProFootballFocus, so this resembles more of a patch than an impact signing."
    Last edited by Firststater; 03-21-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    “Not bad for a running back.”

How about you put that in quotes or say you got that last post from NFL.com?

Taking someone else's stuff and not giving proper credit is a no no around here.

;)

Two rivers restaurant will miss him doing his show there in pasadena. I say he is suspended or hurt by the 4 or 5th game. Those ribs were a problem for him all season long in 2012.Except when he was doing the zumba in pasadena. Wish him well and hope the titans get their moneys worth out of him.

I think he fits them pretty well. I liked Pollard, but he was known as sort of a dirty player and the Titans have always seemed like a team that likes to play a little dirty. They will certainly appreciate his hard-hitting style. It seems like that team has been pretty soft lately. I remember them being really tough back in the day.

Rewatched the superbowl yesterday. Pollard was terrible in coverage and tackling, ribs were certainly a reason, but he was awful.

I thought he gave us two pretty good seasons. I wish him the best.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I agree. I was hoping that he'd go to the Dolphins, Jets, or Bills so he could play the Patriots twice a year.

Me too. He has been one of my favorites since signing with the Ravens. He plays the game like a throwback but in the Superbowl, he was a big liability in coverage. He was constantly trailing the play. I have busted ribs before and I don't know how he was still out there.

Blog Entries

Me too. Pollard gave the Ravens all he had. We should be grateful for his effort and grit. I will miss not having him on the Ravens, and wish him all the best.

I enjoyed watching him play and wish him the best. Hopefully he will get extended and will be around when the Titans come to Baltimore in 2014.

Pretty sure the interview he just did on Sirius/XM NFL Radio is gonna draw some headlines. He said what happened wasn't anything like a "mutiny" as portrayed by the media, that Harbs opened the floor, so he spoke up, and he's really disappointed (the nicest way to put it, I think) that Harbs never came out and knocked all that "mutiny" stuff down. He was on with Jim Miller and, I think, Trevor Pryce (got in the car during it, got out before the end). Pryce, I thought, was kinda egging Pollard on to bash on Harbaugh. Pryce mentioned, "Well, I played for Coach Harbaugh, and he's not above saying, 'this is how it's gonna be, anybody got a problem with that?', and it up to you to be man enough to take him at his word that he wants to hear if you have a problem with it." Pryce went on to talk about how coaches who never played don't appreciate taking care of players' bodies during the week, causing Pollard to cite a "military atmosphere" in Owings Mills. They actually went on about this last point for awhile.

I'm sure Jamison Hensley over at the ESPN AFC North blog is overjoyed to receive such a gift.