Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bama AD just resigned....

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    A college AD at a big time program like this is, more than anything else, a fundraiser. His job is to go to rubber chicken dinners, BS with the good ole' boys, slap some backs, and ask for money.

That's clearly an extreme way to characterize it, but true.
    While ADs do have to be a slappy, there is a lot more to the job than just that, but I know you already get it. And we agree that Ozzie is more interested in running a pro football team (at this time) than being an AD, even back at Bama.

I believe that whoever takes the job now will only be there 5 - 7 years, maybe 10 at the outside, and perhaps Ozzie would be ready at that time to return to his roots as a slappy.

Blog Entries

Ozzie is not playing second fiddle to Saban on the football side of the house. Which means he would be relegated to basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and water polo. Ehhh.. I think it's safe to say he's staying.

If Bama was just coming off a couple losing seasons and Saban was getting fired, then yeah..

Blog Entries

Noway Ozzie is taking a backseat to Saban at Bama, Saban worked under Ozzie with the Browns. Not a chance, If Bama was in dire straights I could see it, not with Bama on top as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Prior to the 2013 offseason fiasco, I would have been concerned about losing Ozzie. No more. If he goes back to Alabama, best of luck to him. We'll get along fine without him. DecCosta is the backbone of the Ravens player personnel organization.
    REALLY!?!?!?

/smh

I recall reading recently somewhere that Ozzie wanted to win a 3rd superbowl before he considered leaving

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    REALLY!?!?!?

/smh
    I guess you didn't see his "massacre" thread huh?

Blog Entries

If Alabama did not have Nick Sabean then I would be concerned.

I cant see Ozzie leaving the Ravens to play second fiddle to Nick. Right now Alabama is his show regardless who the AD is.

Least thats what I hope lol
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Oh no, radio just said Oz is leaving to take the Browns GM job, or was it Indy's GM?
    No, it was the Squeeler's GM job, yea, that's it. He's a Squeeler's and just traded
    Big Ben for Joe Flacco.

I don't think Ozzie is coming down here just yet. Maybe in a few years when Saban retires, and 'Bama starts rebuilding, but not right now.

We'll know a little more when Ozzie has his annual golf classic. Maybe I'll call in a few favors and get someone to ask him straight up about it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Relax.......deep breaths..........rest easy.........

Barrett Sallee ‏@BarrettSallee 10m Alabama announces president Judy Bonner has recommended Bill Battle to become its new Athletics Director.
    Talk's cheap - lets go play. - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    An AD steps down after it's major program wins back to back National Championships?

Which tells me the NCAA is coming to look at 'lack of institutional control' and possible sanctions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Which tells me the NCAA is coming to look at 'lack of institutional control' and possible sanctions.
    The guy is in very poor health and just got out of the hospital.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

A guy in his mid 70s shouldn't be allowed to retire?
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Next good ol' boy up.

No, seriously.

Is all I have to say.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock