Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Jeremy Maclin as #2/3?

I'd pass - too much $$$, last year of deal and WAY too injury prone.

I'm surprised how many are quick to say no and dismiss this guy. The idea that he is injury prone might be an overreaction, he hasn't missed many games. As far as him being elite? Maybe not, but you can argue he's 2nd tier. The guys been in the league for 4 years and has 258 receptions for 3,453 yards and 26 TDs. How many receivers are in that conversation? You wouldn't take that for a fifth rounder or 4th even? Regardless of it being a contract year, worst case scenario, you get 65-70 catches 850-900 yards and 6 TDs from a guy for a 4th or 5th round pick. Best case scenario, he comes of age with Flacco throwing to him and proves to be a #1 and worth a long term deal. Did I mention he's 24? 5th Rounder? No Brainer. 4th rounder? No Brainer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Heh... Just beat me to it.

The "Maclin for a 5th" scenario is a no-brainer IMO but I also thought that PHI was NOT shopping him.

Actually... thinking it through... with our 2014 cap. I wouldn't bother. Someone out there in a better cap situation would nab themselves very good value for a 5th though.
    You know how it is. When a team comes out and says they aren't shopping a player that means they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I'm surprised how many are quick to say no and dismiss this guy. The idea that he is injury prone might be an overreaction, he hasn't missed many games. As far as him being elite? Maybe not, but you can argue he's 2nd tier. The guys been in the league for 4 years and has 258 receptions for 3,453 yards and 26 TDs. How many receivers are in that conversation? You wouldn't take that for a fifth rounder or 4th even? Regardless of it being a contract year, worst case scenario, you get 65-70 catches 850-900 yards and 6 TDs from a guy for a 4th or 5th round pick. Best case scenario, he comes of age with Flacco throwing to him and proves to be a #1 and worth a long term deal. Did I mention he's 24? 5th Rounder? No Brainer. 4th rounder? No Brainer.
    Thanks...I had forgotten how young he is too. Turns 25 this spring.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You know how it is. When a team comes out and says they aren't shopping a player that means they really are.
    Yup...I shouldaknown.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'd rather they let David Reed, Deonte Thompson and whomever they may draft fight it out for that sort of role player spot. The guys I mention can play special teams and contribute in other ways, and still have a chance of matching Maclin, or better. Maclin was a better fit for Reid's west coast offense.
    There are a few reasons not to be for this, but the idea that Reed or Thompson would be almost as good as WR is NOT one of them.

Blog Entries

Vertical threat
    Better fit for Ravens system than Andy Reid's system
    Flacco will undoubtedly be the best QB he's had throwing him passes

In a contract year, should be extra motivated.

I throw a fifth out there for that. Even if it is only for one year. We lose so many players to FA anyway. We have a dozen picks and there won't be a dozen draft picks making this team. Especially, when there is usually one or two UDFAs that make the team as well.

I'd do a fifth.

Smith and Maclin with Austin in the slot. I can role with that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

8. Re: Jeremy Maclin as #2/3?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Vertical threat

I throw a fifth out there for that. Even if it is only for one year. We lose so many players to FA anyway. We have a dozen picks and there won't be a dozen draft picks making this team. Especially, when there is usually one or two UDFAs that make the team as well.

I'd do a fifth.

Now that's some speed! I wonder if Philly would consider a 4th or 5th for him, it seems reasonable. I remember coming out of college it was Crabtree and Maclin. Crabtree has just recently flourished so maybe Maclin has that late bloomer potential too.

Blog Entries

Vertical threat

I'd do a fifth.

They picked up Jacoby's option. He's going to be on the team in 2013.

I agree with everything else. He's definitely worth a 5th.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They picked up Jacoby's option. He's going to be on the team in 2013.

I agree with everything else. He's definitely worth a 5th.
    Jacoby will be a pure returner.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Vertical threat

I'd do a fifth.

If they only take a 5th or 4th for him you do if of course, even if you dont sign him the next year you get a comp back.

12. Re: Jeremy Maclin as #2/3?

I know it's dreaming but could we fit, Maclin, Dumervil, Huff, and resigning Mckinnie plus our draft with the room we have? I got a feeling at the very least we'd be saying goodbye to my dude Leach if we brought all these guys in. Idk how'd I feel about it.