Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Terrell Suggs missed Ed Block Courage Awards

Didn't see this posted anywhere on here...but very strange situation today when Terrell Suggs couldn't make the Ed Block Courage Awards dinner. Torrey Smith accepted it on his behalf. No reason was given for it.

There was some rumblings on twitter earlier today from Coleman, who was super pissed about him missing it (because Suggs is a bit of a standoff with the media as well), but most people were giving him the benefit of the doubt without knowing the reason.

Not to stand in judgement of him, but tonight he was tweeting out stuff about the Heat game.

terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4
    23 STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! #GOHEAT

1h terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4
    Kinda quiet on here!

2h terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4
    HEEEEEEEEAATT!!!!!!!!!!

2h terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4
    4th QUARTER!!!!!! Lets see how much they have left!

3h terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4
    BAPTIZE HIS ASS!!!!!!!

3h terrell suggs ‏@untouchablejay4
    It's early. All emotion. Lets see if they can do it for 4 quarters.
    Hopefully he really did have a good reason, but certainly tweeting during the event about a baketball game makes it seem a little...odd...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Meh. He skipped a stuffy awards banquet. When he misses a OTA I'll have an opinion.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: Terrell Suggs missed Ed Block Courage Awards

Slow news night?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Torrey Smith deserved it just as much anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Didn't see this posted anywhere on here...but very strange situation today when Terrell Suggs couldn't make the Ed Block Courage Awards dinner. Torrey Smith accepted it on his behalf. No reason was given for it.

There was some rumblings on twitter earlier today from Coleman, who was super pissed about him missing it (because Suggs is a bit of a standoff with the media as well), but most people were giving him the benefit of the doubt without knowing the reason.

Not to stand in judgement of him, but tonight he was tweeting out stuff about the Heat game.

Hopefully he really did have a good reason, but certainly tweeting during the event about a baketball game makes it seem a little...odd...
    WHO CARE!!!!!!!!! It's his personal reason why he didn't come and don't owe anyone a reason why. He isn't the 1st person not to come n receive an award

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Cue the "he doesn't care about football right now, and we should all be worried about his production next year" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Cue the "he doesn't care about football right now, and we should all be worried about his production next year" comments.
    Think Coleman is missing the whole point of charity work. Its not sitting down at some banquet so media types like him have the chance to slurp on their jock and ask annoying questions. Its about doing the actual charity work that won them the award.

If Suggs would rather watch the Heat game than go to some stuffy award banquet then more power to him. Its not like he completely stiffed the foundation. He did the work and found an acceptable name recognized substitute to take his place.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    It's a great event btw. I went after sb35 where goose won an award. I got to meet a lot of players including goose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Who is "Coleman?" Clearly he or she isn't a household name in my house. First name?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Must be the off season...
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I don't think this speaks at all to any concern about his football production next year, but if anybody needed more proof Suggs is personally a bit of an asshole, here you have it.

One of my favorite Ravens on the field, one of my least favorites off of it.

It's his free time. Let him do what he wants with it.