Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Arthur Brown - ILB - Kansas State

He's one of my guys I hope we get.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I had no clue he is Bryce Brown's brother.

Yup, I remember the crazy hype around his brother coming out of high school

I'm just saying tons of people have tons of different opinions come draft time, and it is no reason to bust anyone's balls over it.

Sure, there could be general consensus about this player or that player and where he fits or what he can do. But nothing is ever guaranteed. And no one is perfect.
    oh I'm not busting his balls, and he knows I'm not, I'm just in total shock he came away with that conclusion on both players, when I have them reversed virtually

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    They are very different players on tape and some of that is schematic re: Kansas State's defense vs. Rutgers. He gets praised for his instincts but KSU's defense funnels a lot of plays directly to him for him to react to; Greene was more effective seeking the play out and attacking. I could break down film play by play with you to give you more of a sense of what I'm seeing, obviously that would be a very time-consuming process. Brown's game is much more read-and-react, Greene is more of an attacker, and that's why I line them up as I do schematically; obviously I'm aware Brown played MLB in college and Greene played OLB, but this is more about skill-set than pure college position.

Why else do you think Brown has never forced a fumble in his entire college career? I've seen scouting reports that call him an "aggressive hitter" who "loves to lay the wood" but I don't see that on tape at all. He is a GOOD tackler, but not forceful, and that contributes to his lack of playmaking ability. Now, he could definitely adjust to a different role in the NFL and become more of an attacking, playmaking ILB type, but that's not what's displayed on his college tape, and that's what I'm basing my evaluation on.

It's also an upside question--I think Brown has already peaked mentally and physically, but Greene has not; he only played 1 year of linebacker! And his one year of tape was better than Brown's after 3 years! Greene is just going to get better as he adjusts more and more to the position, and his instincts and on-field leadership are already comparable (maybe not quite as good, admittedly) as Brown's.

That was specifically in response to the Lavonte David comparison. Brown's 201 career tackles at KSU aren't a bad 2 year total, but Lavonte David posted 285--and forced 3 fumbles to go along with that. Greene had 136 in his only year starting at LB and SIX forced fumbles to go along with SIX sacks, which are spectacular numbers, and the tape corroborates that among those 3 guys, Arthur Brown was firmly 3rd in terms of physicality and playmaking ability. Again, some of that is schematic as KSU's defense was much more read-and-react than attacking.
    I like Greene don't get me wrong, I have him third in my rankings, and he will probably be better value in and around 64 than brown in and around 32 but I don't see what you see with brown at all.

Blog Entries

Thanks, I didn't even know this section existed

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yeah, McShay is way of base in not including Brown.

Cool Re: Arthur Brown - ILB - Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Yeah, McShay is way of base in not including Brown.
    McShay is Mel Kiper's Bitch!

If it wasn't for ESPN, he'd be flipping burgers at MacDonalds!