Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Arthur Brown - ILB - Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if no ILB goes in the first. The ONLY reason, any of these guys goes in the first is because its so terribly weak of high end talent. theyre all second rounders, imo.

That said im starting to like the idea of double dipping with Brown and if he lasts Bostic. Thats assuming we trade out of 1 if nobody falls. I think those two probably have the most potential outside Olgetree. knowing how we feel about LBs though, the more likely scenario is we use one of our first 3 on one and double dip with a later round or bring a top UDFA. ILB is a somewhat devalued position (ala RB) so eventhough we have a need, Im not sure the actual value will be there in Oz's eyes.
    No hope in hell of trading out of the first and getting brown IMO. He's the clear cut no.1 MLB in the draft I think and I have him in my top 20. I think he will be long gone before 32

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    No hope in hell of trading out of the first and getting brown IMO. He's the clear cut no.1 MLB in the draft I think and I have him in my top 20. I think he will be long gone before 32
    WalterFootball has him going to Chicago at 20

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    Thanks for the analysis, great read.
    +1

This was an awesome write-up. Thanks Doctor! I think this would make a great article for the front end of the site, FWIW. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    WalterFootball has him going to Chicago at 20
    Do they? They had him around 40 for a long time now, I was waiting for his jump, I'm assuming he's the first?

Blog Entries

I dont think hes clear cut anything personally. I mean this time last year we were talking about having no shot at Upshaw and that we hope we can get T'eo next year but hes going in the top 5... I think he could still be the first ILB taken and be there early 2nd, however I think Ogletree and minter will be the first ones off the board. honestly I have no idea in this draft, but i still dont think hell go that early, nor any of the other ILB for that matter.
    -JAB

A lot of division on Arthur Brown. I don't think he's a first rounder and have him pretty firmly behind Ogletree and Minter. I also personally prefer Khaseem Greene but some may place Brown over him (I think they're similar prospects but Greene has a higher upside mentally.)

On tape, I think he's a great athlete who doesn't play with a lot of physicality. He is very much an east-west and not a north-south player, much preferring to read and react rather than to anticipate and attack--when he does try to attack a gap he often guesses wrong and gets out of position, but he makes up for it at times with speed. His coverage skills are better; he gets into his zone drop quickly and efficiently but I would never ask him to cover man to man.

I see a lot of Tavares Gooden in Arthur Brown and I fear he's already peaked and has no real NFL upside. People are comparing him to Lavonte David but David was a better prospect IMO who was WAY more productive and well-rounded in college, AND was even better in the pro game. I could be totally wrong but I'm not feeling the first-round buzz.

What various mockers think of the 4 top ILB's (Ogletree, Brown, Minter, Te'o):

Mocking the Draft- Fairburn has Brown going @ 26 to the Packers (and has the Ravens taking Te'o). Kadar also has Brown to the Pack with Ogletree to the Ravens. Their Big Board has Brown as the #15 player (Te'o is 29 and Ogletree #31).

CBS- Rang does not have Brown in the 1st round (Ogletree is #26 to the Pack). Brugler has Brown #26 to, guess who (Ravens get Minter). Kirwan also does not have Brown in round 1 with Ravens picking Minter. Prisco has Brown at 20 to the Bears. CBS' Big Board has Minter at 29, Ogletree at 38, Te'o at 39, and Brown at 40.

National Football Post (Lande) has Brown going at 21 to the Bengals. Their Big Board has Ogletree at 28, Brown at 39, Te'o at 46, Alonzo at 56, and Minter at 72! Not big Minter fans there...

Tony Pauline does not have a mock out yet but his Bog Board has Ogletree at 21, Minter at 28, Te'o at 40, and Brown at 44.

NFL.com- Both Matt Smith and Bucky Brooks have Ogletree at 19 to the Giants and and Brooks has Te'o to the Ravens while Matt Smith has us picking Minter. John Norris has Brown at 25 to the Vikes, with us taking Minter. Charles Davis has Ogletree at 28 to the Bronocs while the Ravens pick Te'o. Gil Brandt's Big Board has Ogletree at 19, Te'o at 20, Minter at 27 and Brown at 27. Alonzo is at 74. Brooks' Big Board has Ogletree at 14, Te'o at 27, Minter at 29 and Brown is not in his top 50.

---------------------------------

I could go on but I think this is a representative sample of what mockers are thinking of the ILB's.

- Ogletree is at the moment a consensus 1st round pick and the highest rated ILB overall, but not unanimously. His off the field stuff is bogging him down.
    - Brown is the lowest rated overall with notable exceptions. His is the most volatile draft stock. My guess is that we will see him rise somewhat after his pro day.
    - Minter and Te'o are in the middle and are thought of as low 1st rounder or high second rounders.

Does this mean anything? Yeah: in the context of the whole draft there's a big chunk of players from the second half of the 1st round till at least the end of round 2 if not into round 3 that is judged fairly uniform in quality. Ogletree is thought of as being near the top of this group, especially when you consider that people think he has the most upside. The other three ILB's are pick your poison and this is why Ozzie is paid the big bucks: to differentiate between say an Ed Reed and a Lito Shepard who he had graded similarly in their draft.

It is doubtful that any of these ILB's land at #62 in the 2nd round.

Excellent write up!
    We could use more of that around here (points finger at himself)
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I dont think hes clear cut anything personally. I mean this time last year we were talking about having no shot at Upshaw and that we hope we can get T'eo next year but hes going in the top 5... I think he could still be the first ILB taken and be there early 2nd, however I think Ogletree and minter will be the first ones off the board. honestly I have no idea in this draft, but i still dont think hell go that early, nor any of the other ILB for that matter.
    Well again personally I had Upshaw in the second round and still think we could have got him where we got KO last year.

Blog Entries

Well again personally I had Upshaw in the second round and still think we could have got him where we got KO last year.
    thats how i felt as well. I think this year will be another scenario where, since we need an ILB there seems to be a perception that theyre going to be all first rounders. I dont think any of them will be. well find out soon enough.
    -JAB

thats how i felt as well. I think this year will be another scenario where, since we need an ILB there seems to be a perception that theyre going to be all first rounders. I dont think any of them will be. well find out soon enough.
    The only one I think will be is brown, maybe ogletree but I haven't watched enough of him to comment.

I have brown at 1 teo 2 Greene 3 minter 4.

No rating for ogle

Impressive write up fellas, thank you and that's why I love it here. Seriously, you get way more info, and high opinions here. It's funny, I'm a die hard football fan, I built my life around the football calendar every year, and if I need to know anything about anybody in football, well you can find it here.

I like Brown a lot. Fellow members have convinced me Brown is a very good inside linebacker. I'm on board with him. I also like Greene too. I know a lot of mocks have teo or minter to us, but I would like Brown, Greene and even Riddick. Lets hope we can find another promising Raven linebacker in the draft.
    Again great thread on Brown fellas!!!��