Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Harbaugh says Pollard cut was solely a "cap move"

Various sourceon twitter, but here is from the official Ravens twitter:

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Harbaugh said the release of safety Bernard Pollard was a "cap move, pure and simple." Said he was close to Pollard.
    So....how high is your bullshit-o-meter registering here? Mine is, out of 10, at an 11.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh says Pollard cut was solely a "cap move"

My BS meter is reading 11 out of 10. lol

Blog Entries

Just so everyone knows, we're getting 2 million in cap savings from this, so it's not like we're getting nothing.

With that said, I don't believe anything Harbaugh says regarding media related questions.

Blog Entries

Still makes no sense... probably Harbs just protecting Pollards image. not like us to cut and bash a player.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just so everyone knows, we're getting 2 million in cap savings from this, so it's not like we're getting nothing.

With that said, I don't believe anything Harbaugh says regarding media related questions.
    Both these things...

yes we save money, but i don't buy that this was "simply" a cap move. And honestly, coach speak is what I expect of John. And not in a bad way.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I don't believe anything Harbaugh says regarding media related questions.
    :word Harbaugh knows how to work the media, and he's not going to give out any good info.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So....how high is your bullshit-o-meter registering here? Mine is, out of 10, at an 11.
    Thanks Scally, my bullshit-o-meter broke because the number went off the chart... Bc

$1.5M of that is coming from next year's cap (from what I see). Borrowing from next year's cap can be done in other ways (a simple restructure of someone).

Blog Entries

Regardless of what was true and what wasn't with locker room incidents, I am really going to miss seeing Pollard on the field in purple, he may have not been a true Raven off the field (debatable because none of us really know what went on), but he sure as hell played like a Raven on the field.

With that said.... next man up!

Regardless of what was true and what wasn't with locker room incidents, I am really going to miss seeing Pollard on the field in purple, he may have not been a true Raven off the field (debatable because none of us really know what went on), but he sure as hell played like a Raven on the field.

With that said.... next man up!
    Bingo, well put.

Blog Entries

Just so everyone knows, we're getting 2 million in cap savings from this, so it's not like we're getting nothing...
    leach, that may be true, but to save $2 mil. for a starting (28 year old) Safety, who hits like a freight train, seems to me like a bad deal for the Ravens...especially if Ed Reed is no longer with the team... Bc