Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Openning Game 2013 Season in limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Bohs&o's View Post
    Ass hole move by the O's if they make the Ravens play on the road. I know it would be insane traffic but it would pretty awesome IMO to have the O's game at 1 and the Ravens at 8. Just get hammered all day watching the O's and then hit up the Ravens that night. What a day that would be!
    Permit parking is a major issue here, along with what was just suggested, that it's not sensible to play a day game in fear of extra innings, rain delays, etc... After thinking this out, either Angelos gives up the date, or we're headed to Denver.

Why should the Orioles have to move their game to the day after flying in from a night game in Cleveland the night before?

I hope they come to a conclusion, but I also hope the MLB holds their ground. They've been the red headed stepchild of football for far too long
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Why should the Orioles have to move their game to the day after flying in from a night game in Cleveland the night before?
    Far easier to move an MLB game than it is a NFL game.

And it's bad PR for the O's if they refuse. They're not exactly well liked these days, even after their winning season.

I wish I was surprised by this asshole move by the Orioles, but I'm not. I love them, but they are still in many ways the epitome of a bottom-feeding franchise.

If the game can't be played on Wednesday, what about moving it up one more day to Tuesday? Doing so would probably conflict with the preseason schedule, but it shouldn't be too difficult to work around that. The NFL might also not like essentially giving the Ravens two bye weeks, but would playing on a Tuesday vs a Wednesday (like they did last year to open the season) really give them much more of an edge? It's certainly not ideal, but better than forcing the Super Bowl champs to have to open on the road in my pretty biased opinion...

Blog Entries

I hope they come to a conclusion, but I also hope the MLB holds their ground. They've been the red headed stepchild of football for far too long
    Do you really think they'll gain fans by pissing on the Ravens and the NFL?

We stopped spending money on the O's not because they sucked, but because I did not want Angelos getting my money (except what he steals via his television deals). However, we were thinking about going back to the yard this season, maybe do a game plan, etc... Not now though! This just reinforces my original decision to not give Angelos any of my money. I will not break into my Ravens fund now to spend on the Orioles, at all!

Let's go Nats!
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

Blog Entries

All this crap, and watch the O's game will get rained out.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Far easier to move an MLB game than it is a NFL game.

And it's bad PR for the O's if they refuse. They're not exactly well liked these days, even after their winning season.
    So they should just cave to the demands of the NFL because their game is easier to move?

And from the sounds of it here it's only a bad PR move for the folks that aren't big Orioles fans in the first place. Not much of a loss...
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

So they should just cave to the demands of the NFL because their game is easier to move?

And from the sounds of it here it's only a bad PR move for the folks that aren't big Orioles fans in the first place. Not much of a loss...
    Like it or not, the Ravens are the cities number one team.

Sure, they can hold tough and tell the Ravens to pound sand, but they'll lose fans in the process.

Blog Entries

I don't think moving it to the day is an option for the NFL/MLB at all, because there is no way the Ravens and Orioles could ever play at home on the same day. Especially not in this case, where there will (presumably) be a stage set up somewhere for whatever musical acts the NFL brings in, along with many, many more people lingering around in areas outside the stadium than usual.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

OK. So the options are that the Orioles make some concessions involving 1/81st of a home baseball schedule for the Super Bowl Winner in the city or the Ravens have to open on the road or open on Sunday/Monday at home. If forced to play on the road, where will most fans be on Thursday night? If forced to play the other nights, then the Super Bowl winner does not participate in the opening game for the 2013 season.

So the Orioles and/or MLB feel that there is positive PR in there? The NFL is going to spin this one to their advantage - again.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Doubtful the White Sox are holding this up, based on the reports thus far.

Sounds like Selig / Angelos angling for some compensation for making it a day / night double header.

I see their point, they don't want to lose the gate money for a night game. But there are better ways to go about this.

Leave it to that combo to fuck things up.
    If the NFL makes the Ravens open away because of this, it will surely upset a lot of "new" or returning fans the O's won over last year. i am pretty certain the Orioles will lose more money over the course of their season then the difference in gate money between a single day or night game.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!