Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 525354

Re: Openning Game 2013 Season Now an Away Game (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Indeed, wow.

Until I see anything that states that the leaders of the jewish religion stood up and offered a protest about the game being played on Wednesday, I think it would be best to leave them out of it.

Now if we come to find out (which I doubt we ever would) that indeed it was Kraft protesting, I would be the first to call his ass out.

Personally, I got no beef with Angelos or the Orioles in this shit fest.

This is all on The NFL, Goodell, NBC and possibly Kraft. ( I ain't letting go of that bit until proven otherwise.)

This has already been discussed at nauseum but the easiest and most commom sense solution was to play it on Wednesday.

Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

My opinion of having the NFL still hold festivities here that evening such as a concert or whatever else is for them to stick it all up their ass and die choking on it.

Sorry, but doing that IMO is just another side slap in the face.

You wanna send us out to Denver?

That makes alot of sense.

You can take that and stick it up their asses too!!

Let's fuck the Ravens and the fans by making them go out to play in the same fucking place we fucked them with 12 years ago.

If that happens, hopefully they take Manning out of the game in the first series.

Part of the deal with being the Superbowl champs and having the opening game is having a serious home field advantage by having a home crowd even more jacked up then it already normally is.

They'd show highlites during TV timeouts of the playoff games and Superbowl, etc.

They just took all of it and you want to send me a fucking bone by having a god damn concert?

FUCK YOU!!!!!

You want to send us a prize?

Send us up to Cleveland for that game where we can roll out the blow up Lombardi Trophy with Baltimore written all over it and the Modell family in a golf cart rolling in behind it.

Now that's a fucking consolation prize!!

You wanna protest?

If they have that concert.... Nobody show up.

Don't watch NBC or use the products that are advertised that night during the game.

Other then shit like that, there is no protest that will have any effect.

What an absolute load of massive bullshit!!!!!
    I understand the fans disappointment. But also understand the Ravens had the option to play Sunday night. They chose to decline that option. They would prefer to open on the road and have the extra time off. NBC doesnt want to play Wednesday because Thursday is a much better day for ratings. Lower ratings means less revenue for NBC. Rosh Hashanah is merely a convenient excuse. Always follow the money. So stop blaming Kraft, the Orioles and Rosh Hashanah. Look for us to open on the road at Chicago. I think the Ravens will decline the option of Denver and Pittsburgh. They do have some say as to who the play.

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    I think the Ravens will decline the option of Denver and Pittsburgh. They do have some say as to who the play.
    I will believe that when I see it....
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossfan View Post
    So exactly what is it that Robert Kraft got out of this?
    Here's what we know:
    1.Ravens will be playing NE in Baltimore in 2013
    2.Robert Kraft is Jewish (and before any other posters go hating on us Jews, keep in mind that if it wasn't for a certain Jewish owner we might be getting ready for the opening game of the CFL season to celebrate our third Gray Cup).
    Here's what we have reason to believe: The Thursday night game in Baltimore would have been against NE
    Here's what many of the posters seem to be surmising with absolutely no evidence: Robert Kraft told the league that because he's Jewish his team can't play on Wednesday night.

So, let's assume that the last two are true. What does Mr. Kraft get out of all of these machinations? NE would have played the Ravens in Baltimore, and NE will still play the Ravens in Baltimore. The NE-Baltimore game would have been the center of attention of the nation, instead it will be just another game in Baltimore. The Patriots would have had 10 or 11 days off between games in the hottest part of the football season, now they have 7 days off just like every other team. NE's rival, the Ravens, would have had to play Denver on the road in 2013, and they will still do so except probably in much better Denver weather than they otherwise would have. Exactly what is it that Kraft and the Patriots have gained by this?
    Actually if anything, this loses a big advantage for them...They had the ability to get their Thursday game out of the way in Week 1. That's probably the biggest advantage for us and our opponent by kicking off the season opener: We never have a short week for a Thursday game.

Now, they'll have to get a Thursday game somewhere later in the schedule, thus setting up a short week opponent for them. Now, I'm sure their Thurdsay game will be Buffalo or something cakewalk, but...

Also, you are incorrect about this...

keep in mind that if it wasn't for a certain Jewish owner we might be getting ready for the opening game of the CFL season to celebrate our third Gray Cup
    Uhhh, I'm relatively certain we would've won the Gray Cup at least 7 or 8 times in the past 16 years. Baltimore is football championship central.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

4. Re: Openning Game 2013 Season Now an Away Game (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Actually if anything, this loses a big advantage for them...They had the ability to get their Thursday game out of the way in Week 1. That's probably the biggest advantage for us and our opponent by kicking off the season opener: We never have a short week for a Thursday game.

Now, they'll have to get a Thursday game somewhere later in the schedule, thus setting up a short week opponent for them. Now, I'm sure their Thurdsay game will be Buffalo or something cakewalk, but...

Also, you are incorrect about this...

Uhhh, I'm relatively certain we would've won the Gray Cup at least 7 or 8 times in the past 16 years. Baltimore is football championship central.
    Excellent points on both. We were kicking butt in the CFL.

OK, so we are on the road Week 1. Looking at it from a team perspective, if we have a say, I want us to play Cleveland or Buffalo. And I want it to be Thursday. The team will be well rested as none of the starters will play the last preseason game. I would actually EXPECT that the Ravens go out of their way to ensure that that "game" is a bigger load of crap than it usually is. And we get the Thursday game out of the way, and have 10 days to prepare for the first home game.

I do not want to travel to Denver. It would be the longest plane ride and the thin air is worst in the summer. You'll recall the fears of altitude before the playoff game were not realized because the extreme cold mean the air was unusually heavy at the surface.

Pittsburgh? Forget it. Why give them the opener? And why give them the advantage of getting their Thursday game out of the way early like us.

Miami? No, why play in pea soup humidity in September?

Cincinnati has the same scheduling issue we do, so that is out.

So it's Chicago, Cleveland or Buffalo. I'd take any of the three but opt for staying in our own time zone.

From a FAN perspective, the NFL can take its Thursday concert and shove it up its ass. I can envision a REAL celebration Week 2. Bisciotti should be able to understand this and demand that the league front whatever we reasonably want that day.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    OK, so we are on the road Week 1. Looking at it from a team perspective, if we have a say, I want us to play Cleveland or Buffalo. And I want it to be Thursday. The team will be well rested as none of the starters will play the last preseason game. I would actually EXPECT that the Ravens go out of their way to ensure that that "game" is a bigger load of crap than it usually is. And we get the Thursday game out of the way, and have 10 days to prepare for the first home game.

I do not want to travel to Denver. It would be the longest plane ride and the thin air is worst in the summer. You'll recall the fears of altitude before the playoff game were not realized because the extreme cold mean the air was unusually heavy at the surface.

Pittsburgh? Forget it. Why give them the opener? And why give them the advantage of getting their Thursday game out of the way early like us.

Miami? No, why play in pea soup humidity in September?

Cincinnati has the same scheduling issue we do, so that is out.

So it's Chicago, Cleveland or Buffalo. I'd take any of the three but opt for staying in our own time zone.

From a FAN perspective, the NFL can take its Thursday concert and shove it up its ass. I can envision a REAL celebration Week 2. Bisciotti should be able to understand this and demand that the league front whatever we reasonably want that day.
    It won't be Cleveland or Buffalo. Neither team sniffed the playoffs. The game will be against a team that finished well in 2012 or perhaps the Steelers (for rivalry).

Denver is by far the most applicable opponent, whether we like it or not. I think they are the heavy favorites to host the game.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

It's not even worth getting my blood pressure up. I saw the writing on the wall as soon as I first saw this thread a few days ago. Nothing we can do about it now.

But if you want to try to find some of kind of consollation look at this way --at least we didn't get screwed completely out of the opener again. I imagine Goodell could have easily ordered up Seahawks-49ers or Broncos- Patriots or Patriots-Texans or even Broncos-Colts (which I confess would have sent me through the roof). At least we get the Thursday nighter out of the way without haing to deal with the 3-day turnaround. And I predict that whenever our home opener is it will surely be primetime.

Now if we somehow got screwed out of the Super bowl champions's usual 5 primetime appearances I WILL have a serious issue with that.

The NFL is going to,have "festivities" that night in Baltimore, that makes everything ok

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    I understand the fans disappointment. But also understand the Ravens had the option to play Sunday night. They chose to decline that option. They would prefer to open on the road and have the extra time off.
    Was the option to play Sunday night at home?

I haven't seen where they were given that option.

If it was to play Sunday night on the road, then I agree with them.
    If you're already getting screwed why volunteer to give up the extra rest and prep time for the next opponent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    But if you want to try to find some of kind of consollation look at this way --at least we didn't get screwed completely out of the opener again.
    I would rather be completely screwed out of it all together.

Read Tonys column in the other thread he started.

To me, it's embarrassing to be involved in it at all on the road if it's at another teams facility such as Denver or Pittsburgh with all the hoopla those teams will be garnishing because of who they are and their historys.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I wonder how much Harbaugh had to say about that, everything I have seen re: Harbs say is that he wanted to play Thursday no matter what, wanting the extra days rest for wk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    At least we get the Thursday nighter out of the way without having to deal with the 3-day turnaround. And I predict that whenever our home opener is it will surely be primetime.
    The Ravens still have to play an additional Thursday night game unless they negotiated that with this snafu this would be their only one (highly unlikely). The difference now is that hopefully the other thursday game will be at home.

Remember last year the Giants opened at home on Wed. and played Carolina a few weeks later in NC on a Thursday night.

No matter how you slice it this is a effed up as it comes. Baltimore is a laughingstock around the country.

Check out Tony's new thread on this subject at SCHEDULE-GATE: NFL Sticks it to Baltimore!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).