Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
I understand being politically correct but this is about doing whats best for a struggling city in a small sports media market. bisciotti should have ripped angelos a new one. its one game out of 162 and its baseball for goodness sake.

The Ravens did not want to move to Wednesday because it’s the start of Rosh Hashanah. Going to Sunday could have also conflicted with the Orioles, who play at home at 1 p.m.

BULL SH$$T
Personally, I don't believe in ANYONE'S god - but I've seen NFL games broadcast defore (and thus played) on Xmas Eve and Xmas day or night, as well as annually on the [non-denominational] Thanksgiving Day.
But Rosh Hashanah? WTF?! OMG - when's Denali? Better check now! I know metro Baltimore has the 2nd largest Jewish population in the U.S., but seriously? Is that really the Ravens' POV or the League's or the TV Networks'??? Hey I'm all for anyone having the right to exercise their faith traditions (1st Amend trumps all), but if one's Rosh Hashanah is going to be ruined by watching or attending a Ravens game, then don't watch or attend! Just don't shit on my traditions as a Ravens or football fan, and I'll do my best not to shit on you (yinzers included).
Wasn't the Opening Game for the Giants moved to Wed. to accomodate an Obama speech? That would have been a good solution again. Methinks the Rosh Hashanah line is a flimsy beard for some folks who think a Wed. night game won't pull ratings like a Thur. night game. Hell, real football fans will sit in front of a boob tube and get drunk on any night they are told to! Schedule us against Goober or Tom Brady and people will wake up at 3:00 am to watch it. Puh-leeze.

Screed over. Gonna do my best not to hate on the O's or Jews.

BUT one last practical question

Do we still play 8 home games against the same 8 teams we were scheduled to play at home before the NFL/Ravens/NBC/CBS/Fox found that Ol' Time Religion?