Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Re: Bull sh$$t

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    I understand being politically correct but this is about doing whats best for a struggling city in a small sports media market. bisciotti should have ripped angelos a new one. its one game out of 162 and its baseball for goodness sake.

The Ravens did not want to move to Wednesday because it’s the start of Rosh Hashanah. Going to Sunday could have also conflicted with the Orioles, who play at home at 1 p.m.

BULL SH$$T
    Personally, I don't believe in ANYONE'S god - but I've seen NFL games broadcast defore (and thus played) on Xmas Eve and Xmas day or night, as well as annually on the [non-denominational] Thanksgiving Day.
    But Rosh Hashanah? WTF?! OMG - when's Denali? Better check now! I know metro Baltimore has the 2nd largest Jewish population in the U.S., but seriously? Is that really the Ravens' POV or the League's or the TV Networks'??? Hey I'm all for anyone having the right to exercise their faith traditions (1st Amend trumps all), but if one's Rosh Hashanah is going to be ruined by watching or attending a Ravens game, then don't watch or attend! Just don't shit on my traditions as a Ravens or football fan, and I'll do my best not to shit on you (yinzers included).
    Wasn't the Opening Game for the Giants moved to Wed. to accomodate an Obama speech? That would have been a good solution again. Methinks the Rosh Hashanah line is a flimsy beard for some folks who think a Wed. night game won't pull ratings like a Thur. night game. Hell, real football fans will sit in front of a boob tube and get drunk on any night they are told to! Schedule us against Goober or Tom Brady and people will wake up at 3:00 am to watch it. Puh-leeze.

Screed over. Gonna do my best not to hate on the O's or Jews.

BUT one last practical question

Do we still play 8 home games against the same 8 teams we were scheduled to play at home before the NFL/Ravens/NBC/CBS/Fox found that Ol' Time Religion?

Re: Openning Game 2013 Season Now an Away Game (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And then have a short week to open the season? No thanks.

Of all the bad options, opening on the road on Thursday is the least bad of them.
    The Orioles are at home that Monday night as well. There is just no way we could open at home this year with the O's getting the schedule long before we made our SB run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Wow..what a gracious offer! 4pm..

I think the NFL has a lot of blame in this, but how in the hell was a 4pm start gonna help anything?
    There's not really much else they could have done. The Orioles and White Sox both play on the road @7:05 pm on September 4th.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Personally, I don't believe in ANYONE'S god - but I've seen NFL games broadcast defore (and thus played) on Xmas Eve and Xmas day or night, as well as annually on the [non-denominational] Thanksgiving Day.
    But Rosh Hashanah? WTF?! OMG - when's Denali? Better check now! I know metro Baltimore has the 2nd largest Jewish population in the U.S., but seriously? Is that really the Ravens' POV or the League's or the TV Networks'??? Hey I'm all for anyone having the right to exercise their faith traditions (1st Amend trumps all), but if one's Rosh Hashanah is going to be ruined by watching or attending a Ravens game, then don't watch or attend! Just don't shit on my traditions as a Ravens or football fan, and I'll do my best not to shit on you (yinzers included).
    Wasn't the Opening Game for the Giants moved to Wed. to accomodate an Obama speech? That would have been a good solution again. Methinks the Rosh Hashanah line is a flimsy beard for some folks who think a Wed. night game won't pull ratings like a Thur. night game. Hell, real football fans will sit in front of a boob tube and get drunk on any night they are told to! Schedule us against Goober or Tom Brady and people will wake up at 3:00 am to watch it. Puh-leeze.

Do we still play 8 home games against the same 8 teams we were scheduled to play at home before the NFL/Ravens/NBC/CBS/Fox found that Ol' Time Religion?
    They played Sunday Night Football on Rosh Hashanah in 2012. 9/16 lions vs niners.

The Rosh Hash excuse is pure BS.

Wow.

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Wow.

You gotta wonder about some posters on this forum...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Bupkes! ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    They played Sunday Night Football on Rosh Hashanah in 2012. 9/16 lions vs niners.

The Rosh Hash excuse is pure BS.

Of course it's BS. The proof is not just the fact they've played on Rosh Hashanah before or that other sports leagues play on it. The proof is the fact that Rosh Hashanah is from sundown on Wednesday, September 4 to sundown on Friday, September 6. If Rosh Hoshanah is that big of a deal why are they playing on Thursday in the first place? I would love for a Baltimore reporter to grow some cojones in a press conference with Goodell and make him answer that question in front of a bunch of cameras.

9. Re: Bull sh$$t

We Jews do appreciate you doing your best not to hate us - hope you succeed.

With that said, while the NFL said that it couldn't play on Wednesday because of Rosh Hashanah, it never said that it was out of deference to its Jewish fans. The fact is, as many many others have pointed out, that NBC pays a whole lot of money for TV rights and, because it's Rosh Hashanah, the TV ratings would be down and the sponsors would therefore pay less to NBC. Rightly or wrongly, that's what it's all about. The fact that one out of 15 games last year was on the first night of Rosh Hashanah is not that relevant, since the ratings that sponsors are paying for for that game are not the same as the ratings for opening night.

Wow.

Indeed, wow.

Until I see anything that states that the leaders of the jewish religion stood up and offered a protest about the game being played on Wednesday, I think it would be best to leave them out of it.

Now if we come to find out (which I doubt we ever would) that indeed it was Kraft protesting, I would be the first to call his ass out.

Personally, I got no beef with Angelos or the Orioles in this shit fest.

This is all on The NFL, Goodell, NBC and possibly Kraft. ( I ain't letting go of that bit until proven otherwise.)

This has already been discussed at nauseum but the easiest and most commom sense solution was to play it on Wednesday.

Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

My opinion of having the NFL still hold festivities here that evening such as a concert or whatever else is for them to stick it all up their ass and die choking on it.

Sorry, but doing that IMO is just another side slap in the face.

You wanna send us out to Denver?

That makes alot of sense.

You can take that and stick it up their asses too!!

Let's fuck the Ravens and the fans by making them go out to play in the same fucking place we fucked them with 12 years ago.

If that happens, hopefully they take Manning out of the game in the first series.

Part of the deal with being the Superbowl champs and having the opening game is having a serious home field advantage by having a home crowd even more jacked up then it already normally is.

They'd show highlites during TV timeouts of the playoff games and Superbowl, etc.

They just took all of it and you want to send me a fucking bone by having a god damn concert?

FUCK YOU!!!!!

You want to send us a prize?

Send us up to Cleveland for that game where we can roll out the blow up Lombardi Trophy with Baltimore written all over it and the Modell family in a golf cart rolling in behind it.

Now that's a fucking consolation prize!!

You wanna protest?

If they have that concert.... Nobody show up.

Don't watch NBC or use the products that are advertised that night during the game.

Other then shit like that, there is no protest that will have any effect.

What an absolute load of massive bullshit!!!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

11. Re: Bull sh$$t

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Of course it's BS. The proof is not just the fact they've played on Rosh Hashanah before or that other sports leagues play on it. The proof is the fact that Rosh Hashanah is from sundown on Wednesday, Spetember 4 to Friday, September 6. If Rosh Hoshanah is that big of a deal why were they playing on Thursday? I would love for a Baltimore reporter to grow some cojones in a press conference with Goodell and make him answer that question in front of a bunch of cameras.
    It's not that complicated. The second night of Rosh Hashanah is not observed by nearly as many Jews and, therefore, the ratings would not be affected nearly as much as they would be on the first night.

Blog Entries

Lets use some common sense here. Thier are only 3 gems to open the season with to start the 2013 season with that will have NATIONAL appeal. Ravens-Pats, Broncos-Ravens, Ravens-Packers. Now...
    follow I doubt Fox wanted to give up one of their only 2 Ravens games in the Packers/Ravens matchup that will be a Fox game of the week. Then obviously Raven-Patriots is most attractive last 2 AFCCG's and always a good game (but noooooooo. Kraft NFL bigwig. Doesnt want to play that game on his HOLIDAY.) He knew the Orioles, White Sox and MLB are in a tough spot because of the Wednesday night game and the White Sox consecutive game streak during that time, and possiblity of later parlayed rainouts if thier are some during the year to be made up in September. Then for the FIRST time ever pulls out the RELIGION CARD...get real. Then that leaves the Ravens vs Denver on the road as national impact. Kraft pulled a fast one, luckliy got his way on a hunch that MLB couldnt move the game do to the timing of it and won. Raven @ Denver to open the year. They could of EASILY opened on Tuesday or Wednesday. Kraft is the weasle that cheated, threatened to move the team if he didnt get his way, did nothing about spygate=except burn the tapes. He played a hunch and won.