Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Even if he had a 10+ sack season? I wouldn't unless he really under performs.
    I think this front office is proving it doesn't matter. They don't want to pay you? Bye.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens plan on meeting with Elvis Dumerville next week

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I think this front office is proving it doesn't matter. They don't want to pay you? Bye.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Can't argue with that I guess...

Blog Entries

We can still cut Leach to free up some money. I like the idea. A beast Dline like that would minimize our weakness at MLB. And they can find some linebackers in the draft, the ravens evaluated and develop LBers better than anybody. It all starts in the trenches. If they do sign him there is no way Ed Reed comes back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    We can still cut Leach to free up some money. I like the idea. A beast Dline like that would minimize our weakness at MLB. And they can find some linebackers in the draft, the ravens evaluated and develop LBers better than anybody. It all starts in the trenches. If they do ssoign him there is no way Ed Reed comes back.
    Meh top pass rusher > reed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Meh top pass rusher > reed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. I agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Moving to a 4-3 would create more holes than it would solve. Right now we're set on the DL with a rotation of Canty, Jones, McPhee, and Spears on the ends, with Ngata starting at nose backed up by Cody and Tyson. That's a good lineup if Ngata is moved to NT as I expect.

At OLB we're set with Suggs and Upshaw, McClellan is the top backup, and only need to add depth. ILB is the only really big question market in the front 7, but I expect them to add to that spot with a draft pick and maybe a FA, and they'll pick 2 starters out of McClain, Bynes, Carr, and whoever we add. Might not be pretty but there are plenty of fast LBs to add speed in this draft.

If we move to a 4-3 who are the LBs? Suggs and Upshaw are your ends in that set, so you're picking 3 starting LBs out of our current crop of ILBs, and all of them are a bad fit for the 4-3. No thanks... we'll keep running 4 man fronts in the nickel but our base D should be 3-4 unless there are major personnel changes at this point.
    Josh Bynes played in a 4-3 at Auburn, Jameel McClain looked much better in a 4-3 at WILL in 2011 when we played more 4-3, and I actually think Upshaw if he dropped some weight would be a good fit at strong side in a 4-3 which is where JJ played in 2011. The 4 man front could then be SCARY.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    We can still cut Leach to free up some money. I like the idea. A beast Dline like that would minimize our weakness at MLB. And they can find some linebackers in the draft, the ravens evaluated and develop LBers better than anybody. It all starts in the trenches. If they do sign him there is no way Ed Reed comes back.
    Dig. That would be a no brainer if an Elvis deal is in the balance.

Elvis won't be 30 until the 2013 POs.
    Reed would be 35 on opening day or very close to it.

Oh...and you weaken a PO foe too.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigplayreceiver View Post
    dig. That would be a no brainer if an elvis deal is in the balance.

Elvis won't be 30 until the 2013 pos.
    Reed would be 35 on opening day or very close to it.
    lets get it done then!1!1

Not going to happen, they may talk to Dumervil but once they find out his price that's where the conversation will end. I have a feeling he'll re-sign with Denver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven52 View Post
    Not going to happen, they may talk to Dumervil but once they find out his price that's where the conversation will end. I have a feeling he'll re-sign with Denver.
    Yeah re-sign with Denver who happen to have less cap space than us.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Josh Bynes played in a 4-3 at Auburn, Jameel McClain looked much better in a 4-3 at WILL in 2011 when we played more 4-3, and I actually think Upshaw if he dropped some weight would be a good fit at strong side in a 4-3 which is where JJ played in 2011. The 4 man front could then be SCARY.
    The only problem with that is Upshaw can't cover and neither can McClain. We would NEED to get a linebacker who is fast and can cover. However I think Mclellan would be the strong side linebacker and Upshaw would rotate with Dumervil and Suggs at DE.

I've got a good feeling about getting Dumervil, I mean hasn't it seemed like we've signed every guy we've had a strong interest in lately?