Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Ravens plan on meeting with Elvis Dumerville next week

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Elvis Dumervil would have to wait five days from the time he terminates his agent to hire a new one. It's the NFLPA rules. Saga

Elvis Dumervil's former agent also has right to waive five-day waiting period for his former client to hire new agent.

Blog Entries

I saw a stat on ESPN or something yesterday that Dumervil has the most sacks since 2006. OR if not very close. Plus he missed time that one year due to injury.

He had 17 sacks in one season under Nolan. You would think in a similar def as ours.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Elvis Dumervil and his agent are parting ways, according to sources close to the situation
    Ya think??

Man, for a backloaded contract with a low cap number this year to be timed with a possible Suggs move next year could be an incredible move.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Seems to me since we're loading up on the d-line and have lots of holes at LB, we'll be seeing a lot of, if not a total, 4-3 defense next year. They're going to have to find a MLB who can really run. I don't think McClain is that guy, but we'll see. Seems to me we have Upshaw at one OLB spot and need to fill the other two spots.

P.S. Dumervil works for me. He's got gas left in the tank, and teamed with what should be a healthy Suggs, would give other teams fits.
    I agree, I think we're going to remain a hybrid defense, but the fact that we've not gone out to get a true NT, says to me that we're going to play in more of a 4-3 next season. Believe it or not, in 2011, we played more snaps out of a 4-3 base defense than 3-4, and we had Jarrett Johnson playing 4-3 OLB, so maybe Upshaw could play in that role.

Dumerville-Canty (3 techinique)-Ngata (Nose shade)-Suggs

Upshaw (Sam) Te'o/Minter/Brown/Greene/Ogletree (Mike) McClain/Bynes (Will)

That would be a pretty good front 7. With a lot of depth behind that too.

iggyman555 Guest

Elvis Dumervil's former agent also has right to waive five-day waiting period for his former client to hire new agent.

There you go. RT @MikeGarafolo: Told me he will do that. RT @AdamSchefter: Dumervil's ex-agent has right to waive five-day waiting period.

Less than 45% of the league has as much cap space as we do, and a few of them don't need him or have other plans...so there's that.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

If we were to get Dumervil and somehow Ogletree falls to us...that could be a beastly DEF front.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Seems to me since we're loading up on the d-line and have lots of holes at LB, we'll be seeing a lot of, if not a total, 4-3 defense next year. They're going to have to find a MLB who can really run. I don't think McClain is that guy, but we'll see. Seems to me we have Upshaw at one OLB spot and need to fill the other two spots.

P.S. Dumervil works for me. He's got gas left in the tank, and teamed with what should be a healthy Suggs, would give other teams fits.
    Moving to a 4-3 would create more holes than it would solve. Right now we're set on the DL with a rotation of Canty, Jones, McPhee, and Spears on the ends, with Ngata starting at nose backed up by Cody and Tyson. That's a good lineup if Ngata is moved to NT as I expect.

At OLB we're set with Suggs and Upshaw, McClellan is the top backup, and only need to add depth. ILB is the only really big question market in the front 7, but I expect them to add to that spot with a draft pick and maybe a FA, and they'll pick 2 starters out of McClain, Bynes, Carr, and whoever we add. Might not be pretty but there are plenty of fast LBs to add speed in this draft.

If we move to a 4-3 who are the LBs? Suggs and Upshaw are your ends in that set, so you're picking 3 starting LBs out of our current crop of ILBs, and all of them are a bad fit for the 4-3. No thanks... we'll keep running 4 man fronts in the nickel but our base D should be 3-4 unless there are major personnel changes at this point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Ya think??

Man, for a backloaded contract with a low cap number this year to be timed with a possible Suggs move next year could be an incredible move.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. I'd cut Suggs after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If we did get Dumerville, you can pretty much rule out getting a vet MLB, we'll almost certainly get one in the draft, and a safety who can cover.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree. I'd cut Suggs after this season.

Even if he had a 10+ sack season? I wouldn't unless he really under performs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Even if he had a 10+ sack season? I wouldn't unless he really under performs.
    If he had a really good year it'd be tough to. But Suggs is definitely on the radar for a potential cap casualty next year