Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Pitta is getting interest...

Nobody is signing him.

Chill out.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Dennis Pitta got a second-round tender from the Ravens and is highly regarded. Restricted market is notoriously dead, though

34 mins Aaron Wilson Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Restricted free agent tight end Dennis Pitta has been getting preliminary inquiries from more than one team, according to league sources.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would the Ravens let Pitta walk for a 2nd round pick and $1.55M in cap savings???

I doubt it, but its possible.

Look at your sig.

Re: Teams Inquiring About Pitta?

Should have put a 1st round tender on him....

I'm really hoping that they're in extension talks with Pitta right now but have kept it very quiet.

Ozzie, oh wise one, I don't understand. You know better than I, but I wish you would break this trend of trying to save money by betting against guys in their contract years. Too often it seems to lead to buying high. What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would the Ravens let Pitta walk for a 2nd round pick and $1.55M in cap savings???

I doubt it, but its possible.
    If...if some team were to actually step up and offer him a contract, I think the team definitely lets him walk and takes Miami's second round pick.

They have the cap room to have given him a 1st round tender if they just flat out wanted to keep him at all costs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I am not saying it WILL happen but if the Ravens let Pitta out the door, there will be people jumping out of 10 story buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I am not saying it WILL happen but if the Ravens let Pitta out the door, there will be people jumping out of 10 story buildings.
    Based on the moves so far, I don't think the team cares one bit how the fans are reacting...please don't read that as they don't care about the fans...just that they don't care about fans kneejerk reactions and they are going to trust in the draft process.

I think that the market has a lot of TE's on it, it's not like the defensive market. We'll probably be able to match anything thrown at him. Keep in mind, the teams will be offering the contracts knowing that they'll also have to give up a 2nd roudner. So don't expect anything to extreme.

Blog Entries

It could be Pitta's agent just trying to get Ozzie's attention.

Highly unlikely he's going anywhere imo. Ravens will likely leave themselves a little breathing room against the cap just in case but i cant see anyone give up a sizeable contract and a 2nd round pick for Pitta. Probably just some teams doing some due dilligence checking on the price just in case it's lower then they expect.

Blog Entries

I would be curious to look at the past few SB winners and see how many of their players had contracts that just so happened to expire with the SB winning season.

It just so happened we had guys like Kruger, Williams, Ellerbe etc. all timed to match the SB win. Plus RFAs like Jones, Pitta, etc.

It just seems like by dumb luck and timing the year we win the SB matched with a lot of players being free agent eligible. Thus losing all of these guys all at once makes it such a shocker. But it was really probably just bad/coincidental timing.

Re: Pitta. Other teams need to just stop. Go get Keller. Back off you bastards.