Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What player do you feel will be the biggest steal in the draft?

Would you guys take Barret Jones if he fell to the 3rd round, even when we have Gino? It's an interesting choice IMO.

Blog Entries

Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State. Banks is a player and not a track star. That's going to drop him in the draft. The team that takes him is going to end up with a prospect who will get bigger physically and someone who already knows how to play the position. Banks has been playing since he was a true freshman and that experience is going to pay off right away as a pro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would you guys take Barret Jones if he fell to the 3rd round, even when we have Gino? It's an interesting choice IMO.
    His versatility would make me say yes.

Especially if they are thinking about Oher at LT. At least Jones could compete for the LT gig and, at worst, probably start at RT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Terron armstead, I think he will be an elite left tackle and if you get one of them at 32 or later then that's the steal of the draft

Blog Entries

I would think that would depend on where they are drafted...

Can you say someone was a steal before they were drafted?

If Barrett Jones was still sitting there at our pick in the 3rd I would push little children and old women out of the way to get my card into Goodell as fast as possible.

Are you freaking kidding me? Barrett Jones grades out as a top 32 talent as a pure football player. He has the highest football IQ of any prospect in this class and can play all 5 positions on the OL at a high level. I don't see him dropping out of the mid-2nd at the very worst, so if he fell another 40 or 50 spots I would absolutely freak out.

Jones would be a huge upgrade to our OL. If we need to move Osemele out of LG he could fill in there and there'd be no drop-off, or he could play RT if Oher is moved, or if nothing else he would just push Gino into a reserve spot and lock down center for the next 10-15 years. Hell, I would even give him a shot to compete at LT considering he was ONE OF THE BEST LEFT TACKLES IN THE NATION in 2011. People forget that some felt he was a better LT in 2011 than Matt Kalil (gave up fewer sacks, was a better run blocker, and was voted All-American ahead of him)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State. Banks is a player and not a track star. That's going to drop him in the draft. The team that takes him is going to end up with a prospect who will get bigger physically and someone who already knows how to play the position. Banks has been playing since he was a true freshman and that experience is going to pay off right away as a pro.
    He is another one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If Barrett Jones was still sitting there at our pick in the 3rd I would push little children and old women out of the way to get my card into Goodell as fast as possible.

Are you freaking kidding me? Barrett Jones grades out as a top 32 talent as a pure football player. He has the highest football IQ of any prospect in this class and can play all 5 positions on the OL at a high level. I don't see him dropping out of the mid-2nd at the very worst, so if he fell another 40 or 50 spots I would absolutely freak out.

Jones would be a huge upgrade to our OL. If we need to move Osemele out of LG he could fill in there and there'd be no drop-off, or he could play RT if Oher is moved, or if nothing else he would just push Gino into a reserve spot and lock down center for the next 10-15 years. Hell, I would even give him a shot to compete at LT considering he was ONE OF THE BEST LEFT TACKLES IN THE NATION in 2011. People forget that some felt he was a better LT in 2011 than Matt Kalil (gave up fewer sacks, was a better run blocker, and was voted All-American ahead of him)
    I'm just thinking about this year, he could start his career out at C. I just like the idea of an interior line of KO-Jones-Yanda. That would be sick. Gino could have another year developing an NFL body, although, that's not to say I think Gino isn't ready, I think he is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

:word

Absolutely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drocksthaparty View Post
    ... Could you imagine Christian Thompson and Elam?
    Two (virtual) rookies on a Super Bowl Championship team (?) No, I really can't. Although I believe Ozzie will sign a veteran Safety, your question may not be out of the realm of possibility... Bc

I would run the pick to the podium if he was there. No offense to Gino, but we have no idea how he will do. In addition, Jones can play any position on the offensive line. That kind of versatility is unreal.

Barnett Jones for sure. Would be a steal if Ravens picked him up.
    I'm thinking maybe the WR Woods. He looked really good.