Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What player do you feel will be the biggest steal in the draft?

I have a question, the draft is always important to football teams. I am trying to find out which players are must have players and would be considered steals? I would like to know what you guys think, since we need a secondary help, I think Matt Elam would be a steal. Check out this list on NFLDraftZone.com

Check out this Elite Eleven list. I would love to see us hit on every pick, but that might be a pipe dream.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/d...the-nfl-draft/

This list has Matt Elam, this kid seems like a perfect fit for us. He could come in right away and take over for Ed Reed or Pollard. Could you imagine Christian Thompson and Elam?

Blog Entries

Re: What player do you feel will be the biggest steal in the draft?

Tavon Austin would be the biggest steal in this draft. Based on what he's physically capable of and what he accomplished at West Virginia, he is a top 5 talent in this draft.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I don't think any first rounders will go down as steals.

For me, the biggest potential "steals" (which I mean as "guys who perform above their draft spot) are Shamarko Thomas (S, Syracuse), Corey Fuller (WR, Virginia Tech), Dion Sims (TE, Michigan St., been waiting for this dude to break out for years, but it's never really happened, but in the right system he could be very productive for a mid round pick) Cameron Marshall (RB, Ariz St., comes from a similar family as Art Jones, lots of athletes, dad is a professional trainer, brother plays RB at Oregon, workout fanatic, will do anything to get better, perfect type of guy who gets better at the NFL level rather than get "found out" as a fraud like so many), Michael Buchanon, DE/OLB Illinois. Was looking like a stud till an injury caused him to lose a bunch of weight, reminds me of Kruger before we messed with him and set him back.

Don't know if he would be considered a steal, given his off field/discipline problems at LSU, but I'd say using a 4th Round comp pick on Tyrann Mathieu.

Who knows, he might be taken by then.

Blog Entries

Tavon Austin. No matter where the ravens select him :-)

I think Chance Womack will be a steal for someone drafting after 10
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Barrett Jones. He will probably slide to the late 2nd or 3rd round. This dude is a sure-fire pro.

Demontre Moore from Texas A&M. Bad combine knocked him out of first round, but just a few months ago, he was projected top 5. Every year this happens; a player produces in College but doesn't have the measureables, and drops. I was screaming for the Ravens to pick up Vontaze Burfict after he went undrafted, and he ended up huge for Cincy. Huge numbers in college, but slow at combine. Players play.

Austin easily.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Teo if he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round. People take character concerns too far sometimes.

Blog Entries

Damontre Moore if he slips to 32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Barrett Jones. He will probably slide to the late 2nd or 3rd round. This dude is a sure-fire pro.
    He is the first guy that popped into my head as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.