Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Anyone actually a little excited?

Looking at the talent we do have, and the opportunity to usher-in a younger, newer identity is a little intriguing, despite it not being my first reaction to the outflows of veterans.

Re: Anyone actually a little excited?

Yup
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Looking at the talent we do have, and the opportunity to usher-in a younger, newer identity is a little intriguing, despite it not being my first reaction to the outflows of veterans.
    You know, while I was doing some cleanup tonight, decided to play NFL Top 10 Turnarounds on YouTube...

One of them was the 1975 Colts. They mention how in 1971, The Unspeakable Irsay hired Joe Thomas as his GM and they GUTTED the Colts. Absolutely detroyed the legacy by trading away Unitas, Mackey, Matte...and going with a ton of young players. For the next few years....they stunk. But, they hired Ted Marchibroda in 1975 and their young guys finally got a winning sense and turned it around.

It just struck a chord with me. I think Harbaugh is the right coach for this team, but certainly we are watching a lot of important players to this franchise walk away and going with younger players. Within the next few years though, I am confident we will see the Ravens plan come to fruition.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Hell yea! The draft is a month away and we have 12 picks. Plus what, like $15mil cap space?

I am excited to see the pieces come together.

Blog Entries

The Sword of Light is very excited.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Hell yeah, Flacco got paid, defending champs still, and Webb coming back. Also another great draft should be on the way, and building a team to make a record 6 straight playoffs trip. It's tough but most jobs have turnovers, with personal. We will a Raven team that will be on the fight for the playoffs as always. Don't forget, Ozzie will get a couple more pieces after June 1 cuts too.

We are still Superbowl Champions , gotta love that right now.

Absolutely. This is what being the fan of a well run team is all about. The Ravens breed talent and success, they don't just sign it.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Hell yeah!!!

I'm fucking pumped! I only read this thread becuase of the title. I'm not reading anymore of these threads unless they are based on positivity. Every year this happens (maybe not to this extent, but still) and every year we have a plan and become a contender. It's going ot happen again. Do we have holes? You bet your ass we do, but they will get filled and they will be coached properly. We are going to have a young hard working team. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. I think that will be the quote of the year
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Huzzah huzzah!

Great thread, thanks

I'm excited.

For starters, the offense has most of the pieces in place to be very good next year. Really, the losses were all on defense, but this defense stunk at times last year, including the Superbowl. We have 12 picks, and 15 million or so in cap space. You can do a lot of damage with that in your pocket. This team will be much younger in 2013, but I would not be surprised to see them actually improve on defense, starting with a healthy Suggs and Webb, something we didn't have in 2012.