Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 181920

Re: Player collusion in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Actually I also have a degree in Electrical Engineering if you want to get smart about it.

Perhaps you would like to debase that also?
    No, it just makes me kind of sad that you have a complete lack of interest in or awareness of cause/effect.

You guys are being real dicks. It's cool though. I'm gonna go to school now.

Maybe you can talk more shit about me while I am busy learning tonight.
    Nice try. That didn't work either.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Hey bt ---

Where are you going to law school? My wife is curious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hey bt ---

Where are you going to law school? My wife is curious.
    Baltimore. I am sure the other guys here will now use that as some type of ammunition for why I have no clue what I am talking about.

Never mind. Must be UB.

Baltimore. I am sure the other guys here will now use that as some type of ammunition for why I have no clue what I am talking about.
    Your understanding of the applicable laws seems to be fine. It's your knowledge of the FA marketplace that's lacking.

Answer me this? What did every nfl reporter TWEET leakding up to free agency? Oh yea, its a buyers market. I suppose they were in on the collusion as well, building up a defence for the teams but tweeting that prior to. Free agency even starting?

Blog Entries

Again today on Movin the Chains they were talking about the changing tide of contracts and the fact that your QB commands 25% of the cap space now. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Some GM with brass balls will start a trend of drafting a QB about 2-3 years before 'your guy' is due to get paid, so there is some leverage and backup plan. Think teams like Cinci where they will have to make a decision in a couple years. Otherwise the QB has all the leverage and it's going to a 25M per year average.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Your understanding of the applicable laws seems to be fine. It's your knowledge of the FA marketplace that's lacking.
    agreed, and simple principles of supply/demand and budgeting for the cap, as well as how it can be a choice where an owner chooses to emphasize with his spending(young vs old, offense vs defense).

He also has had a serious problem of constantly moving the goalposts... first it was the players colluding??? then it was owners colluding and only paying QB's and WR's, then a bit of young vs old, etc. People tweeting suspicion "backing up his suspicion" etc.

IS he out of line by being suspicious? NO, as evidenced by Agents, etc, sure he can be suspicious. But I think when he comes here with tweets from agents that are "suspicious" and he claims that "backs him up" and is a "smoking gun" most of us think he means that his suspicio holds more value, simply because it is shared suspicion. It doesn't make it one ounce more likely that collusion is going on simply becuase other people are suspicious. It makes us think that he feels e is right to be suspicious becuase he is no longer completely alone in that suspicion.

If this was just the normal free market I don't think agents would be in such a tizzy. I don't think the suspicion level would be so high if things were operating in a normal manner.
    There is the rub. This isn't really a free market, so things will never operate like one. Once there are constraints (like a salary cap) in what amounts to a monopoly (the NFL), buying and selling services in the marketplace is not going to mirror a free competitive market. Equilibrium pricing goes out the window, so the cost of labor (salaries of free agents) is going to end up being depressed by those constraints. Collusion isn't necessary for that to happen.

I think it's obvious here that bt is the smartest guy on this board, and is 100% correct. Just ask him, he'll tell you so.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I think it's obvious here that bt is the smartest guy on this board, and is 100% correct. Just ask him, he'll tell you so.
    I'd rather just attribute it to youthful enthusiasm. We used to have knock-down drag-outs about all kinds of topics in college, but since it was pre-Internet, it wasn't quite as public.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'd rather just attribute it to youthful enthusiasm. We used to have knock-down drag-outs about all kinds of topics in college, but since it was pre-Internet, it wasn't quite as public.
    After reading this thread, my wife agrees with you.