Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Player collusion in Seattle?

They land Avril in what certainly looks like an undermarket contract (he got less than Kruger).

Now they sign Bennett on a 1 year, $5M deal. I am quite certain one of the top FA pass rushers could have gotten more than a 1 year, $5M deal.

Pete Carroll was kicked out of USC for violationing tons of rules - his program was a free-for-all. Celebrities at practice, etc.

I've already heard players like Sherman describe the environment in Seattle as college like.

Seems really shady.

Re: Player collusion in Seattle?

I'm sure the owners would have no issues with the players banding together to take less money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I'm sure the owners would have no issues with the players banding together to take less money.
    No, but the players union should have issues with players taking undervalue contracts.

Of course the NFLPA would have to be a half decent union.

Sorry, don't buy it. Maybe some guys could take a little less to play on a contender (Welker took less from the Broncos than a losing team offered him), but I'm not buying that Carroll or the 'hawks are doing anything underhanded.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    No, but the players union should have issues with players taking undervalue contracts.

Of course the NFLPA would have to be a half decent union.
    are players not allowed to take less than what the market bears out for them? i really dunno, just asking.

Of course they are.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Wish we made a play for Avril or Barwin.

It'll be fun watching Seattle and SF battle it out in the NFCW this year.

I forgot players now days were forced to sign staring down barrels, what's the point of this shit? Give him a cut of your salary if youre concerned

Blog Entries
    Collusion? Maybe.

However, I think a lot of owners and GM's have seen the writing on the wall with how these salaries just keep growing and growing.

At some point owners and GM's need to say enough is enough.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't understand the "collusion" angle (?) The NFL has a $alary cap, and floor, so every team has to spend a minimum or maximum amount. If a team decides to put a high percentage of their cap into a few players, then they have le$$ to spend on the balance of their roster. Where is the secret conspiracy ? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Yet another lowball defensive contract. Brent Grimes gets $5.5M for one year. Last year he played under the franchise tag for $10M.

Last year guys like Carr and finnegan were getting 5 year contracts for $10M per year.

Now Grimes, Talib can only land 1 years deals for $5M?????? Hmmm......

The ideal for each player is to 'get paid' and win.

With the Salary Cap things aren't that easy. For most players there comes a decision time, 'get paid' or Win. The continuously successful teams have a command of the cap and make a point of not overpaying for the talent they put on the field. The also rans, however, have always demonstrated the idea 'we are only one or two players away' from being successful and will overpay to get them - rarely are those overpaid one or two players enough to make the team a contender for one year, let alone the long term.

With Seattle getting talent 'on the cheap', makes one think that players view Seattle as a winner and they are willing to take something less on the pay front to be a part of that winner.

The FA's that the Ravens have picked up also appear to have come to the Ravens with that same mentality. The FA's that left the Ravens, have yet to know what life is like at the other end of the W-L standings. They will find out.