Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Player collusion in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Makes a lot more sense than the "C" word.
    And yet it keeps popping up:

Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) tweeted at 3:20 PM on Wed, Apr 03, 2013:
    NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith asked agents to pass on any suspicions of collusion from NFL teams regarding free agency

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith asked agents to pass on any suspicions of collusion from NFL teams regarding free agency
    DeMaurice Smith has to be crapping his pants over this year. He's desperate to take the spotlight off the deal he signed and blame anyone and anything else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    DeMaurice Smith has to be crapping his pants over this year. He's desperate to take the spotlight off the deal he signed and blame anyone and anything else.
    I agree. But that also doesn't mean screwy things aren't happening from the other side of the fence, aka the owners.

I made this thread at the beginning of free agency, which is why I initially thought it was the players that were taking cheap deals to play on contenders. I should have waited longer. Now the pattern is more clear. The players are taking the best offers. And those are low offers.Across the board deals are low.which is why there is so much heightened suspicion.

Seriously, this has gone four pages? Flat cap. Poor performance and/or injury issues = short terms & relative low dollar contracts. Plenty of players, including some of our own departing FA's, cashed in. It really is that simple.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

The real way to check is seeing how much cap space is left when we get to camp. If there are a lot of teams near the salary cap floor then you have to ask why. If most teams are closer to the ceiling than the floor then it's just business as usual.

The individual deals don't matter. It's the overall cap dollars spent that will let you know if something is going on.

Blog Entries

Per Albert breer: DeMaurice Smith letter to agents: "we have heard reports of a concern that teams are working in concert ..." to "peg", "rig" or "set" market prices on player contracts."

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Seriously, this has gone four pages? Flat cap. Poor performance and/or injury issues = short terms & relative low dollar contracts. Plenty of players, including some of our own departing FA's, cashed in. It really is that simple.
    It is not that simple. If it were that simple people that have been in the business for decades wouldn't be so suspicious right now.
    Last edited by bt12483; 04-03-2013 at 04:11 PM.

As if the agents wouldn't already be doing that. Desperate times ...
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

As if the agents wouldn't already be doing that. Desperate times ...
    This new letter confirms what I have been saying. You can believe or not.

The only way a collusion claim could possibly make any sense at all is if you can show that owners are spending less overall than usual. I have yet to see any evidence of that.

This new letter confirms what I have been saying.
    "we have heard reports of a concern"

THAT confirms what you've been saying?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

"we have heard reports of a concern"

THAT confirms what you've been saying?
    laugh it up. Albert breer and Aaron Wilson wouldn't be talking about it if it were bogus. You and others immediately ridiculed my posts. Now my posts are being validated.

This new letter confirms what I have been saying. You can believe or not.
    I'll go with not. Smith is under a lot of heat I'm sure, with the cap being so flat and lots of veterans being cap casualties. I'll chalk it up to deflection. His letter is certainly not the smoking gun you make it out to be.

As for the media reporting on it, c'mon. They report on every little thing, legit or not.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...