Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BA believes he was cut partially because of his activism

I'm not sure how long this will be on the main board but......

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...b_source=pubv1

https://twitter.com/TomRock_Newsday

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday
    EXCLUSIVE: Brandon Ayanbadejo says his role in gay rights issue is one reason he was cut by the Ravens - http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...on-he-was-cut-
    IMO, there are too many other legitimate reasons for his release (age, declining skills, future vision of defense) for him to insinuate this.

At the end of the day the team, I'm pretty sure, would rather have the PR from a guy at the forefront of an issue like gay marriage as opposed the PR associated with allegedly cutting him for that reason.

Re: BA believes he was cut partially because of his activism

Full of crap. I honestly have a hard time believing he would even have said that. Ozzie and harbs even said they haven't closed the door on bringing him back at a reduced contract

Blog Entries

Disappointing to hear but I'd like to know specifically why he thinks so

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpiderWebb View Post
    Full of crap. I honestly have a hard time believing he would even have said that. Ozzie and harbs even said they haven't closed the door on bringing him back at a reduced contract
    Now they have.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Players have a hard time understanding the real reason(s) why they are let go by teams.

So they come up with stuff like this.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

well if it wasn't before, it should be now. the ravens should hire BA back just to cut him again. jfc BA shuuuut uuuupppp.

He's not saying that was the reason he was cut just that it might have been a factor and in truth it could have been.One of the reasons, not the reason.

What is the actual quote?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Even if it was a partial reason, it shouldn't be surprising, nor any kind of indictment of the team. It is a controversial topic, has nothing to do with football, and the during-the-season activism could easily be seen as a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Brendon Ayanbadejo says role in gay rights issue one reason he was cut.
    Not Glauber's summary.

Did he have an actual quote from BA...I'm not registering to read the article...if someone did, I'm asking for BA's actual quote.

Blog Entries

:grbac:
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

The Ravens defended him after he was criticized by a local politician.

Hope he was just taken out of context because if he really feels that's why he was cut then he is an ass.