Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

If we let Ed go and it sure looks like it ---- WHO is the "Locker Room Leader" of our team. I love Joe but he is not that type and I love T Sizzle but he acts like he is 18 some days --- Who calms people down/Fires them up/Talks to the Coaching Staff/Calls Team Meetings/Puts in the extra study time at their house/ etc etc ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Well, it looks like pretty much all of the Ravens vocal leaders are gone. Let's see how they do without them. Personally, I think that vocal veteran leadership was a huge factor in the Ravens winning the Super Bowl. Arguably, the Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers had more talent on paper.
    Thats what, according to the report a few hours ago, Harbaugh wants.

Blog Entries

Well, it looks like pretty much all of the Ravens vocal leaders are gone. Let's see how they do without them. Personally, I think that vocal veteran leadership was a huge factor in the Ravens winning the Super Bowl. Arguably, the Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers had more talent on paper.
    it'll be a transition, but where do you think those vocal leaders came from...

Reed was a draft pick
    Pollard was a guy added late into FA
    Boldin was a trade

To be fair, all these "moves" are still open to us. I expect us to pickup someone in FA, later. I expect us to draft some key D players for our future. Maybe we make a trade for a good vet.

Canty is going to bring leadership too, another Redding type player.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    If we let Ed go and it sure looks like it ---- WHO is the "Locker Room Leader" of our team. I love Joe but he is not that type and I love T Sizzle but he acts like he is 18 some days --- Who calms people down/Fires them up/Talks to the Coaching Staff/Calls Team Meetings/Puts in the extra study time at their house/ etc etc ???
    It's not a position someone applies for or asks permission for.

I have faith that the type of players we have on roster, a few will naturally have the leadership abilities to take on that role when the moment arises. That's how leaders are born.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Suggs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I didn't read through everything today, who was reporting this? It could be straight up rumor you know...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It's not a position someone applies for or asks permission for.

I have faith that the type of players we have on roster, a few will naturally have the leadership abilities to take on that role when the moment arises. That's how leaders are born.
    Who would be your best guess ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I am going to reserve judgement until more information comes out. A lot of these guys are no longer on the Ravens and may feel free to talk about what happened. Anyone who knows me knows I have never been a Harbaugh fan, but I will wait to pile on him for these moves.

Blog Entries
    How do you know Joe isnt that type?

What about Rice? Ngata? Webb?

Were Reed, Pollard, Lewis, and Boldin the only guys capable of being vocal leaders in the locker room?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Who would be your best guess ??
    I have no idea. To be honest, it could very well be Joe. There was an interview with Flacco's old coach (either HS or college, can't remember which) which talked about a moment when they were playing in a dome, went down early by a couple scores. Flacco had never really been a loud guy, but he pulled the team together on the sideline and, shouting over the noise (they were the away team in a dome) about how they were going to go win the game and basically pulling everyone's heads together. He said he sees true leadership in Joe, he just doesn't go out of his way to show it when it's not needed or something like that.

On the D side, too early to tell because I'm sure we'll bring in some vets in FA, but Suggs would be most obvious. saw a LOT of leadership in him when Ray was out this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

I didn't read through everything today, who was reporting this? It could be straight up rumor you know...
    It is a straight up rumor that folks are running with.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Suggs?
    Suggs is the last guy that was vocal in the locker room that is still on the team. However, the cap hit the Ravens would take by trading him would be huge this year. I think he is only signed through 2014, so the cap hit the Ravens would take would decrease significantly after the 2013 season. Let's see what they do with Suggs. If they move him along after this upcoming season, it will be very telling.