Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens may not want Ed Reed back, visiting Texans on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    You think this team wins the big one with Cam? Really?
    Mutiny was about practice in pads, not Cam, according to everything that has been reported. The only people who say it was about Cam are the message board people who started the rumor in the first place, based on nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Texans have made an extremely strong bid to woo Ed Reed. Whether a quick deal happens remains unclear, but they are off to a strong start

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Sources emphasize that the 49ers are actually a legit contender for Ed Reed should the Texans visit not lead to a fast deal.
    Houston is close to ed s home in new Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Mutiny was about practice in pads, not Cam, according to everything that has been reported. The only people who say it was about Cam are the message board people who started the rumor in the first place, based on nothing.
    You believe that? I'm sure the players didn't have a mutiny over practicing in pads. They didn't like where the team was heading. The pad thing may have just been the spark that lit off the powder keg.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    He wasn't a Superbowl winning coach when this supposedly happened last October. And they didn't start winning until after Cam was fired. So actually the mutiny led to the championship.
    So they won because of the mutiny? Is that what you're trying to say?

Mutiny was about practice in pads according to everything that has been reported.

Cam firing came about a month and a half after for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    You believe that? I'm sure the players didn't have a mutiny over practicing in pads. They didn't like where the team was heading. The pad thing may have just been the spark that lit off the powder keg.
    You can speculate and pretend like the mutiny was about what you want it to be about if you want.

I go by what people who were there say. Sorry.

Blog Entries

Mutiny was about practice in pads according to everything that has been reported.

The firing of Cam came on the heels of the mutiny. That's why we won.

Blog Entries

A lot of players were complaining about the system. Even Heap and Mason mentioned the system after they left and players were still bitching about CAM. That led to the mutiny and thats when they started winning.

Even CAM said that was the best thing that happened to the Ravens. Everyone took a long look in the mirror at themselves after I left.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Houston is close to ed s home in new Orleans
    That was the first thing I thought of when I heard Houston

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The firing of Cam came on the heels of the mutiny. That's why we won.
    The heels? If you consider 2 months later the heels of it, then sure.

The mutiny was about practicing in pads. Cam's firing was because he sucked. Where is the connection?

There isn't any. Oh, and show me any other business where employees are "rewarded" for organizing a mutiny against their boss....There aren't any. There are certainly channels to go through if you think the coach, or you boss is wrong. Organizing a mutiny isn't one of them and it is a sign that the players are comfortable. That's never a good thing in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    A lot of players were complaining about the system. Even Heap and Mason mentioned the system after they left and players were still bitching about CAM. That led to the mutiny and thats when they started winning.

Even CAM said that was the best thing that happened to the Ravens. Everyone took a long look in the mirror at themselves after I left.
    I think the Cam firing was a key in the season. But the mutiny didn't have anything to do with that.

By now, with Cam gone, it would have come out that mutiny was really about players bitching about Cam. Not one media outlet has reported that, other than by rumors perpetuated by message board speculators.

First of all, I don't believe that this has to do with guys being vocal. That's something that no team can ever overcome. You can't control players voicing their opinions or speaking up about their concerns. It's a very slippery slope and one that I can't reasonably buy into. For a team that has fostered so many strong personalities in the past, it just seems like a complete left turn.

However, the new group of players need to have room to breathe to form their identity. New leaders need to emerge. I don't think it's a bad thing that they are turning the locker room over to the younger guys while potentially giving the green light to Suggs and Ray Rice and Flacco to take over the leadership roles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

Great point because that's all they have now that Ray is gone and Ed is soon to depart along with the others. They ripped out the heart of the defense so who is the leader now? Will anyone have the courage to even speak up?

And whatever to PLAY LIKE A RAVEN. That's all these cats did more than anyone this side of Ray and that's what happened to them.

I wasn't even upset until the guy on the radio said Pollard was the player rep and I remembered that Foxworth was too.
    The whole "Play Like a Raven" mantra having to mean leveling someone is a thing of the past guys. The new rules take away guys like Pollard's best attribute, which is being a hard hitter. Refs were keying on him specifically as the season went on and whether or not they were in the right with their calls is neither here nor there. Whenever Pollard would hit a receiver the odds of the refs throwing a flag were pretty good just because of who he is and the reputation he has developed.

Frankly, as the season wore on, I was getting really annoyed with Pollard always looking for the big hit rather than just making a good play. For every hit on Steven Ridley there was probably a handful of 15-yard penalties because he would go for the big hit rather than just knocking the ball away.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.