Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed to Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's ok to acknowledge the percentages, but it's not good to make definite statements based on a generalization.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He's just pissed the Ravens yanked his band hating web site (marchingravens.com) from him.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

It's ok to acknowledge the percentages, but it's not good to make definite statements based on a generalization.

Definitive statement? It's a message board, doesn't everyone do that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He's just pissed the Ravens yanked his band hating web site (marchingravens.com) from him.

Devastated. Can hardly sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Definitive statement? It's a message board, doesn't everyone do that?
    About sports? Sure.

Not baseless statements about a players personal spending habits.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

About sports? Sure.

Not baseless statements about a players personal spending habits.

When did I comment on his "spending habits?" Now you're reaching. Bankruptcy after retirement is a major sports topic, ESPN even did a documentary on it. I seriously doubt I am the first person on this forum to make a "definitive" statement on the matter.

Blog Entries

When did I comment on his "spending habits?" Now you're reaching. Bankruptcy after retirement is a major sports topic, ESPN even did a documentary on it. I seriously doubt I am the first person on this forum to make a "definitive" statement on the matter.
    You're not the first person to make a conjecture, but you did pick probably the absolute worst person to use as an example for possible post-NFL career bankruptcy.

Blog Entries

How could Houston be unaware of his hip issues. RaveninWoodlawn noted that it was the key reason why he started 2010 on the PUP list. It's one of multiple injuries he's chronically dealt with since the neck injury.

I can understand how Ozzie and Co. could know. I can't understand how Houston couldn't.

If Oakland could flunk Gaither for a physical, Houston should be able to figure something like this out.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How could Houston be unaware of his hip issues. RaveninWoodlawn noted that it was the key reason why he started 2010 on the PUP list. It's one of multiple injuries he's chronically dealt with since the neck injury.

I can understand how Ozzie and Co. could know. I can't understand how Houston couldn't.

If Oakland could flunk Gaither for a physical, Houston should be able to figure something like this out.
    Houston is desperate. I think they badly wanted a big name in Reed. Look at how they flew out the private jet to get him.

I love me some reed but it was a dumb move signing him. Reed has a lot of mileage on his body. It's bound to catch up with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my guess is that Ed misses training camp but plays in 1 preseason game. At his age he won't be doing the 2 a days.

IMO the main reason Reed is in Houston is not the injury concerns but the declining play and abysmal tackling.
    Last edited by SeeBass; 05-06-2013 at 10:25 PM.

The problem is he will be broke within 5 years and have a broken down body. At least the NFL will give him a pension, not sure how much it is though.
    I'm sorry, I didn't know it was possible for someone to...

he will be broke within 5 years
    without having bad spending habits. So how else will a man who has made $55+ million

he will be broke within 5 years
    if you aren't saying he has bad spending habits?

Nobody is reaching.

And sure it's a big topic, but it's ridiculous to automatically assume that a particular player will be broke unless there is behavior to point to that says a player will be broke. Bryant McKinnie will probably be broke. Vince Young will probably be broke. But it's not fair to basically throw a dart at a roster and say that someone will be broke...which is what you just did...just because some others are.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 05-06-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Ed got what he wanted: picked up in a private jet, wined and dined, shopped the Texans offer and got them to overpay. He gets his $5m and he will hang it up after this season.

He'll sign a one day contract, retire a Raven and come back in the following season to have his number retired and to be inducted into the ring of honor.

Blog Entries

Houston let go of a good safety for an old oft injured one, for alot of $. Now, Houston doesnt expect Ed til at earliest mid way through TC. Ed is 35, coming off surgery. I doubt he makes it through the year. I bet the Ravens had thier suspicions about Ed's hip and let him go. It was the right time in a Safety stacked draft.

Nothing about Reed surprises me. Drama is part of his off season activities. Once the season starts he'll be ready to play to the best of his abilities. The Texans should be upset by this news considering it's Ed's first year with the team and they want him to get in as much work as possible with their defense.