Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If it comes down to Dumerville vs Reed, I have to take Dumerville purely for the fact that he's younger and has more of an impact in games these days than Reed has, sorry to say, I wish the best for Reed personally.
    Absolutely. That's a no-brainer.

Blog Entries

In Ed Reed's case, I think the poster who said he wants "Miami money to play in New England", is definitely in the ballpark. Reed wants the Ravens to come chasing after him and I don't think they will do it.

Raveninwoodlawn is also in the ballpark, in regards to how the Ravens really feel about this. I think, out of respect to Reed and understanding of the fan base, Ozzie is giving the impression that they are trying to keep Reed.

However, at the end of the day, quite frankly, I think Ozzie Newsome is tired of dealing with Reed. I think if he puts on the tape, he'll have even more confirmation for his feelings. I think that John Harbaugh is tired of dealing with Reed and it would not surprise me if some players in the locker room were tired of putting up with Reed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In Ed Reed's case, I think the poster who said he wants "Miami money to play in New England", is definitely in the ballpark. Reed wants the Ravens to come chasing after him and I don't think they will do it.

Raveninwoodlawn is also in the ballpark, in regards to how the Ravens really feel about this. I think, out of respect to Reed and understanding of the fan base, Ozzie is giving the impression that they are trying to keep Reed.

However, at the end of the day, quite frankly, I think Ozzie Newsome is tired of dealing with Reed. I think if he puts on the tape, he'll have even more confirmation for his feelings. I think that John Harbaugh is tired of dealing with Reed and it would not surprise me if some players in the locker room were tired of putting up with Reed.
    While I agree with you the possibility exists that what your saying is true, at the end of the day its about performance level.

If Reed was the Reed of 5yrs ago then the Ravens would be likely be more willing to deal with his quirky nature. Reality is though Ed is not that player. I think Ozzie would bring him back at a deal that works for the Ravens. He still has skills that a good NFL team can utilize. Ozzie is just not going to pay him based on what he was which is what I think Ed is expecting. Don't think its impossible Ed is back but if he is it will be more because Baltimore is were he wants to finish his career (i.e he will have to accept a deal that works for Ozzie)
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I remember when there was talk about the Jets and Cowboys as likely suitors for Ray Lewis back in 2008, it's a similar situation here with the Texans and Reed.

Ed be Ed. Making the ceremonial 'Ray Lewis Last Contract Tour' of the NFL. Ray made the tour and found that the grass (or money) wasn't greener there. Suspect Ed is finding the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I remember when there was talk about the Jets and Cowboys as likely suitors for Ray Lewis back in 2008, it's a similar situation here with the Texans and Reed.
    In Ray's case it was talk and speculation, he didn't make any visits and get wined and dined like Ed did in Houston.

Blog Entries

I dont think he visited dallas but it was more than speculation. There was definitely communication between the two sides.
    -JAB

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Sources say Texans' initial offer for Ed Reed came in lower than expected, which is why there wasn't a fast deal. But they're still in it

Hey Houston, back the f--- off. Get some HOFers of your own.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Sources say Texans' initial offer for Ed Reed came in lower than expected, which is why there wasn't a fast deal. But they're still in it
    Expected by Reed I bet. "You won't give me 7?"
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I would love to see Ed finish his career with the Ravens in a cap friendly deal, but honestly I am good either way the ball bounces.

A part of me is really wanting to get younger and see a safety that is not afraid of tackeling. But the other part of me loves the fact that Ed can shut down half the field.