Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    It might be months before Reed makes up his mind.
    Exactly. Houston fans don't know Ed the way Baltimore fans do. Ed may keep everyone guessing for weeks or months, then decide during the summer he wants to take someone's offer or perhaps retire after all. I would expect his options to dwindle as time wears on, but maybe that doesn't bother a guy who marches to his own drummer. If Ed did nothing for the next three months but announced in June he wants to play, someone would make him an offer. Maybe not a huge one, but something. Who knows what he is really thinking?

Blog Entries

Put your phone on silent Ozzie!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

3. Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Per Jeremy Conn on Facebook just now:

"USA Today's Mike Garafolo reports the Ravens are "getting involved in talks" with free agent Ed Reed after he left Houston without a deal."

Come home Ed!
    :ww:

I'm not sold on this. Would be nice to have him back but I dont' think he's coming back. Then and again Ozzie has been saying for weeks now that based on his body language he knows Ed wants to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Put your phone on silent Ozzie!
    That would explain why Hampton, Long and Moss couldn't get through

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    :ww:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...avens/1991299/

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Might have been an agreement between Ozzie and Ed that Ed would shop his services but to let Ozzie know any offers he received to have the chance to match.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips tweeted earlier Friday, "Easy to see why ER is hall of famer - very smart with great talent and ate my damn steak that bastard! Intercepted my ice cream sundae and sprinted out of the damn building!"- #greatcombo.

Fun reading over on Battle Red Blog. A lot of Houston fans really seem to be stressing on this:

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/3/...expected-today

As Bugs Bunny (and/or Tweety Bird) would say, "He don't know me vewy well ...do he?"

LOL, oh, that's our Ed...

Trying to figure out what Ed is going to do is extremely futile. He's made a living off of trusting his instincts over anything else. My guess is he makes a decision that is completely contrary to whatever's being reported at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Might have been an agreement between Ozzie and Ed that Ed would shop his services but to let Ozzie know any offers he received to have the chance to match.
    The fact that he hired Ray's old agent from when he was in the same situation made this seem like a no-brainer to me.

12. Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

All things being equal, if the money is about the same 5mil-ish, why would Ed leave Baltimore over half a mil per year? Leave everything you know, sell your house, move your family for 2 years over half a mil? I think we need Reed to stick around for continuity sake.