Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ed is just being Ed, he should just retire for real. He's being really frustratingly selfesh here, the Texans bring him in and treat him that well and he doesn't even sign, thats really disrespectful IMO. Losing respect for Reed like mad over these last few weeks.
    I couldn't disagree more.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a player shopping for multiple offers. Teams do it all the time, checking out a variety of options. Ed Reed doesn't have to be obligated to sign with someone because they rolled out the red carpet treatment any more than your prom date should give you a lay because you rented a tux and a limo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    How are you losing respect for Ed Reed?
    He continues to insist he's worth $7-8M a year, when he clearly isn't. Just take the deal Reed or retire, you're not getting more than $5-6M a year. (the deal I'm assuming the Texans offered him).

He continues to insist he's worth $7-8M a year, when he clearly isn't. Just take the deal Reed or retire, you're not getting more than $5-6M a year. (the deal I'm assuming the Texans offered him).
    And that makes you lose respect for him as a man?

There is nothing wrong with asking for a price that you know you won't likely get. Set the bar high and go from there. He has to make sure he gets the best deal himself and his family going forward. We've already seen the way organizations will hang players out to dry this offseason. This is one of the few times that he, as a player, is in a position of power.

I think your outlook in this case is ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Come back home REEEEEEEEEEEED..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I couldn't disagree more.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a player shopping for multiple offers. Teams do it all the time, checking out a variety of options. Ed Reed doesn't have to be obligated to sign with someone because they rolled out the red carpet treatment any more than your prom date should give you a lay because you rented a tux and a limo.
    Nicely put.

Blog Entries

I'm going to make a prediction. Ed won't sign with Houston. Not saying it will be in Baltimore, but I don't see it being Houston.

All the info coming out form his side and him say, it was a nice visit you guys are classy so don't hate me for using you.

eh i don't blame reed. it'd be nice if he wasn't so 'wishy-washy' but he's always been that way. can't blame a guy for trying to get all he can, while he can.

One of the few things that was guaranteed to happen before this free agency period started was Ed Reed taking his time in coming to a decision, any decision. Hell he might still retire. Or come back here. Or go to wherever. If he went to the CFL I wouldn't be shocked. It might be months before Reed makes up his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    One of the few things that was guaranteed to happen before this free agency period started was Ed Reed taking his time in coming to a decision, any decision. Hell he might still retire. Or come back here. Or go to wherever. If he went to the CFL I wouldn't be shocked. It might be months before Reed makes up his mind.
    lol i wouldn't be surprised if ed reed decided later on tonight while watching major league that he was going to play baseball.

Ed is just being Ed, he should just retire for real. He's being really frustratingly selfesh here, the Texans bring him in and treat him that well and he doesn't even sign, thats really disrespectful IMO. Losing respect for Reed like mad over these last few weeks.
    Ed Reed didn't ask for a private Jet to pick him up. They came running to him. He's under no obligation whatsoever to sign he just because they wined and dined him.
    You're going to lose respect over this? 11 years of hall of fame play and in just two days you're losing respect? I think you're being a little too sensitive here.

Per Jeremy Conn on Facebook just now:

"USA Today's Mike Garafolo reports the Ravens are "getting involved in talks" with free agent Ed Reed after he left Houston without a deal."

Come home Ed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries
    He'd have to take a hometown discount although they can structure it so it looks better than he actually gets

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!