Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

The players agreed to a terrible deal. Player contracts are going up but the cap isn't. So veterans are left to fight for the cap space left. Gone are the days where a guy like Ed can name his price and get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    The players agreed to a terrible deal. Player contracts are going up but the cap isn't. So veterans are left to fight for the cap space left. Gone are the days where a guy like Ed can name his price and get it.
    Yep a few players got big deals the rest are getting low balled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    aaron wilson said reed had a prior engagement on saturday
    So did Jason Garrett when he left Owings Mills.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    I don't think there was ever a day where a 34 year old safety was able to name his price and get it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RD52 View Post
    oh please Reed has 17 int's in the last 3 years which leads ALL NFL PLAYERS. It's laughable to think he isn't worth 5 million a season. I would give him 6 million for 2 years.
    Maybe General HARBs doesn't want him back in the locker room.

There are plenty examples of where a team will overpay for a player (Baltimore's example is Flacco). having said that, I think Reed's best value is to stay with us. Having spend all those great seasons with us, I think our fanbase will be somewhat tolerant when a player's abilities diminish.
    If Ed should leave and go to SF and shy away from making a tackle or they see him get ridden for 5 yards, they may question him and the front office.
    I too want to see him here for his mentoring ability. Let him show the others how a winner studies game film. I think 2 years 6 or 7 spread evenly is fair. If that isnt enough, thanks for an outstanding career.

The "Flacco was overpaid" claim again huh.

Getting old explaining that one. You do know what his cap hit is right? Or what's actually guaranteed? Or that's it's basically only a three year deal?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

I had a feeling this would happen. Reed is soaking up the attention, and he's risking being left in the cold.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I had a feeling this would happen. Reed is soaking up the attention, and he's risking being left in the cold.
    If by "cold" you mean the "cold" of Baltimore, then good. I'm sure Oz has a pretty fair deal on the table, which is why Reed left Houston unsigned. He is a different kind of priority here. He is a legacy player, one of three HOF Ravens. We know Bisciotti wants him to retire in purple, even if it means paying a little more than a 35yo safety should make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    If by "cold" you mean the "cold" of Baltimore, then good. I'm sure Oz has a pretty fair deal on the table, which is why Reed left Houston unsigned. He is a different kind of priority here. He is a legacy player, one of three HOF Ravens. We know Bisciotti wants him to retire in purple, even if it means paying a little more than a 35yo safety should make.
    Reed isn't coming back here.

I highly doubt the Texans are willing to deal with Reeds off season nonsense and just wait for him. They will use the cap space if they find something of need and just say "thanks for visiting ed"

They wont just put aside the space for Ed to make a decision. They have other needs that have to be addressed and wont risk losing out on them because Ed is being Ed

Also, he was there for over 24 hours and met with all the coaches. Chances are the deal was no where close to what he wanted and did not find that out until the end of the visit.

If they could not afford to play Glover Quinn who was their top priority 5.2M per year. Reed wont get over 4.5 from them at most.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I agree. I just think with all of the recent signings, the cap space is dwindling. I believe the Ravens are being polite with this one, knowing how fragile Reed's personality is, but the end result will be that Ed Reed will finish his career elsewhere. Truthfully, if the Texans offered him $5M, he should have grabbed it immediately. Aging players have such a high opinion of themselves, thinking teams value their past performance.

I wish he would have retired with Ray Lewis and came back as a defensive backs coach. That is where his real value is, not on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ravens were reported to be in contact with him while he was in Houston. And bisciotti is on record saying he wants him back. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility so quickly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Ravens were reported to be in contact with him while he was in Houston. And bisciotti is on record saying he wants him back. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility so quickly.
    Do you have a link to these reports?