Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    Adam Schefter said that the chance Ed signs with Houston is 50-50.

Ed being Ed I guess.
    I could go either way with this...On the one hand, I don't think Ed Reed is really worth 6M per, and if he leaves for that kind of money, I don't blame Ozzie for not overpaying.

On the other hand, if we ended up ponying up the money to match them, I'd value Ed's return for his leadership and sentimental values.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

FWIW, there are a bunch of people in Twitter saying that Reed was at some bar or something in Houston telling people he signed with the Texans.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

One person in know said it's "50-50 at best" that Ed Reed signs in Houston. A return to Balt. still possible. SF and IND loom as longshots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I could go either way with this...On the one hand, I don't think Ed Reed is really worth 6M per, and if he leaves for that kind of money, I don't blame Ozzie for not overpaying.

On the other hand, if we ended up ponying up the money to match them, I'd value Ed's return for his leadership and sentimental values.
    If Ozzie is going to go with the clean it out and not overpay plan he can't make exceptions. You can't halfway this. Either get Reed back on the cheap or don't sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

One person in know said it's "50-50 at best" that Ed Reed signs in Houston. A return to Balt. still possible. SF and IND loom as longshots.
    Sounds terrible, but with how annoying the Texans and Phillips were on Twitter yesterday about Reed's every move, I'd love for him to peace out and decline their offer. Texans are a tough team to hate, but they're a threat to us, sooooo yeah :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Sounds terrible, but with how annoying the Texans and Phillips were on Twitter yesterday about Reed's every move, I'd love for him to peace out and decline their offer. Texans are a tough team to hate, but they're a threat to us, sooooo yeah :)
    I think it's funny they are rolling out the red carpet for Reed. Wait till they realize they aren't getting the HoF level Reed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Ozzie is going to go with the clean it out and not overpay plan he can't make exceptions. You can't halfway this. Either get Reed back on the cheap or don't sign him.
    Without a doubt, the release of Pollard has created the most intriguing situation -- the safety position -- this offseason. Never did I imagine us replacing both starting safeties.

Anyone know what the Reed/Pollard dynamic was? (Personal or in terms of how they played together?) Any chance on earth the Pollard dump had anything to do with retaining Reed?

I am desperate in hoping Reed stays.... he would be the only player leaving this offseason I'd truly class as irreplaceable.

Blog Entries

John McClain said on NFL AM this morning that he didn't think Reed was leaving Houston without a contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    John McClain said on NFL AM this morning that he didn't think Reed was leaving Houston without a contract.
    The character from Die Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't trust him, he blew up Woodlawn and the triple bridges lol

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Clay. Bill, Clay.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's funny to read things like this, because these guys in Houston have no idea what Reed's personality is like. They could think they have him only to watch him fly to some random place like Miami today and sign after an hour visit.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52